Subject Author Posted Replies

Wiring color: red instead of black OK?
I'm just wondering if something wiring-related is a no-no. I've got a couple spools of perfectly good #14 stranded wire. Problem is, they're red, and I have a small job requiring white &...
22
22

Lawn tractor safety
I needed to bypass the bullshit safety seat safety switch the other day to I could see if my snowblower auger was operating correctly having sheared a pin on one side. If I remove the switch and tape...
19
19

Attic insulation: do attic floor, or roof, or what? And, how much work (ie $$$)?
Am a bit confused about how one does insulation in the attic. I read here that for some attics, you insulate the roof, and for other types, you do the floor. Something to do with whether or not...
14
14

New interior doors for $19
I'm in need of a 30" interior door, to be used as a pocket door. Home Depot is selling pre-primed doors (no predrilled holes) for $19. They also sell doors for $34 and I can not find much...
4
4

Running Electrical wire in shed
I built this shed in the backyard, it has a dedicated 20amp GFCI circuit running to it. Once inside the shed (it comes in from the floor) I have it hit a junction box and branch out to the various...
24
24

Adding another antenna to my existing antenna set-up
Hello. I have an antenna in my attic and 2 digital converter boxes and I'm ready for the digital switchover. There are a couple other channels that I cannot get with my current antenna, and...
20
20

Trying to tunnel a 2" PVC pipe underground - hit a road block
I am thinking of adding a sink to the kitchen island - I don't have to do it, I have a kitchen sink by the wall, but thought I would add a sink if it can be done relatively easy when everything is...
10
10

Cutting a Chain with a Chainsaw
Year after year, in every store I see chainsaws. Yet, I have never seen anyone cut a chain with them. People cut trees with them, which is really stupid. If they were made for cutting trees, they...
7
7

Boxing in skylights
Hi, This topic had come up before, but I keep getting conflicting advice so I wanted to dedicate a thread to it. When boxing in skylights, I being told that one does not want to use drywall for the...
12
12

How far can a drawer slide out?
Hi, Next to the fridge niche, I have space in the wall to install something like a slide out pantry. The bottom drawer will contain a trash bag and recycling bins. So I want the drawer on top of it to...
11
11

Ariens Snow Blower
I was blowing tonight, after it quiting on me I check the belt and notice it came off. I fixed that but the problem is now auger housing from the drive housing is apart. When I was fixing the belt I...
2
2

Water Softener Timer Gets Stuck
All, The clock dial on my water softener seems to get stuck at 3AM every so often. I'll come down in the morning and it will be stuck on the "rinse" cycle. Has this ever happened to anyone?...
3
3

help on building a small pole barn / small animal shelter
I need something for a few goats - two or three, and maybe a couple llmas, etc. I'm thinking 8x8 or maybe 8x16, if I include a place to keep food dry. I have no experiene with this type of...
7
7

CFLs vs incandescent "max wattage" cautions in overhead fixtures....
The ceiling fixtures in our house all have labels indicating the maximum wattage (incandescent) bulb to place in the fixture. I assume this is a heat-based limit... If I'm replacing the...
65
65

Hilti DX-A41
Anyone know where I can purchase cartridges for this gun? Newfoundland is the area
1
1