Subject Author Posted Replies

Remember those Comcast commercials?
They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you don't need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only channels below 29 will be available without a...
14
14

Water Damages
i have kids in my home and they pour some water on carpet its an expensive carpet so i cannot take risk by restoring it with anyone with little experience so plz let me know if anyone of you know the...
8
8

Wiring an outlet
HI...I want to run a temporary outlet to my garage while it's under construction. I have 10/2 wire ran from the house to the garage in conduit underground. Can I simply add a plug-in to the end...
20
20

kWhr usage
There was a thread on TVs and how they use electricity when turned off. DOE is researching the issue of appliances using energy when in "standy mode." You might think this is minimal, but when you add...
4
4

DTV delayed
Looks like June now. In June people will still be floundering around. (Reuters) - The Senate passed a bill on Monday to delay the nationwide switch to digital TV signals, giving consumers nearly four...
94
94

Leaky Dishwasher
Hi Folks, We have the leaky dishwasher, a Maytag perhaps from the late 70s, perhaps more recent as we have only been here for 12 years. It does not happen all of the time, only maybe one out of 3 or 4...
13
13

Motion Sensor for kitchen light issue
I switched to a T-9 fluorescent light fixture in my kitchen. Prior to that I had a light fixture with 3 75W compact fluorescent bulbs connected to a motion sensor. Well, for some reason the new...
11
11

Karcher pressure washer loses pressure...
Hi all, My Karcher pressure washer loses pressure very quick. As a result when standby the motor restart the operation constantly for a few seconds. When operating the washer is fine and the pressure...
13
13

Plywood for sale
One lot of 638,000 sq. ft. (about 14.5 acres) Some almost insignificant water damage, mold, and mildew, nothing a little paint won't fix. Bring a truck. Auction for Fancy Plywood (Various Types)
2
2

strobe lights for attic to repel mice/squirrels
Hello, For several years now, we have mice/squirrels making noises in the attic and nowadays in crawlspace. I read about strobelights and wonder if anyone out there has tried this? Or other devices to...
27
27

Toilet seal replacement - trailer
Hi all! Mom's trailer drain has unfrozen and she's got the underpinning back up to block the air flow. At this stage, it seems her frozen drain pipe messed up the wax seal on her toilet....
1
1

Slower spinning maytag washer
Please help! I have a Maytag washer model #LA612. It is not spinning as fast as it should leaving the clothes damper than they should be. It seems worse on heavier loads especially jeans). I am...
4
4

pull-down/fold-up or telescoping attic stairs?
One option is to replace my broken pull-down wooden attic stairs, rather than replace a broken lift mechanism with a sheared pivot pin. Anyone install and use a telescoping ladder as opposed to a...
3
3

Saving DTV stations
I got a DTV converter. This is a rural area and the stations come from two directions. For analog I had to rotate my antenna to get stations from both sides of my area. Its the same for digital. The...
8
8

Attach baseboard to concrete block?
I want to trim out about 80' block wall with baseboard at the top where it meets a drywall ceiling. What's the best/easy way to do it without cracking/splitting out the block? TIA
7
7