Subject Author Posted Replies

Ceiling spk mounts-will this work?
Hi all, I bought a house that is prewired for surround sound in the family room. Standard electrical boxes all mounted in the ceiling and covered with plastic blank covers. I was thinking about buying...
6
6

Broken knockout in panel - fix?
Hi all: In the main breaker panel in my house, one of the larger cables (100A to sub in detached garage) exits though the bottom. The "installer" used a PVC bushing as a strain relief in the knockout,...
4
4

Flatting out ductwork ...
Trying to finish a basement, and where we intend to put a partition wall with a door is right where a contractor left a 6" duct below the floor joists. He did this to go under a piece of microlam that...
16
16

Sump Pump Replacement
RANDY ALEXANDER ------------------------------------- I have a frozen discharge line on my Sump system. I caused this by extending the discharge line into the ditch last summer to make my lawn look...
2
2

Garage Door...again
Ok, I had a company come out and look at our garage door problem. We moved into this house almost three years ago and I installed the opener on one of two wooden doors for my wife to use. It worked...
24
24

Painting Question Re Edges: Tape Or One Of Those "Edgers" ?
Hello, Have to paint a bathroom ceiling with a fair number of corners. Was thinking automatically that I would have to tape the ceiling-wall junctions like I have always in the past. But keep seeing...
18
18

Antenna Rotor wont turn
Not much you can do at this point since you can't go on the roof. That is where you should test if you have voltage. The motor might have a "dead" spot in it, or it might be frozen or have a loose...
3
3

San Yang Pai Range Hood Fuse Size? (2023 Update)
The fuse on my CY-760A burnt and I lost it on the way to the hardware store. I have called every distributor in California and no one can tell me what size fuse I need. One guy did tell me that they...
18
18

Remember those Comcast commercials?
They have been advertising for a long time "If you haveComcast cable, you don't need to do a thing". Turns out to be a lie. Here in Seattle, only channels below 29 will be available without a...
14
14

Water Damages
i have kids in my home and they pour some water on carpet its an expensive carpet so i cannot take risk by restoring it with anyone with little experience so plz let me know if anyone of you know the...
8
8

Wiring an outlet
HI...I want to run a temporary outlet to my garage while it's under construction. I have 10/2 wire ran from the house to the garage in conduit underground. Can I simply add a plug-in to the end...
20
20

kWhr usage
There was a thread on TVs and how they use electricity when turned off. DOE is researching the issue of appliances using energy when in "standy mode." You might think this is minimal, but when you add...
4
4

DTV delayed
Looks like June now. In June people will still be floundering around. (Reuters) - The Senate passed a bill on Monday to delay the nationwide switch to digital TV signals, giving consumers nearly four...
94
94

Leaky Dishwasher
Hi Folks, We have the leaky dishwasher, a Maytag perhaps from the late 70s, perhaps more recent as we have only been here for 12 years. It does not happen all of the time, only maybe one out of 3 or 4...
13
13

Motion Sensor for kitchen light issue
I switched to a T-9 fluorescent light fixture in my kitchen. Prior to that I had a light fixture with 3 75W compact fluorescent bulbs connected to a motion sensor. Well, for some reason the new...
11
11