Subject Author Posted Replies

Andersen patio door problem
Over last summer I had my patio doors replaced with a pair of Andersen patio sliding doors. Everything seemed fine till the winter set in. At first I noticed that there seemed to be a slight draft of...
6
6

Taco zone valve power head issue
Got up this morning to find an over temperature condition (temperature way above thermostat setting) on the first floor at home. At first I thought it was a thermostat or a flow control valve (FCV)...

Cold Air Return
I would like to hear some opinions on the subject of blocking the cold air return vents. My house is built on a crawl space with cold air ducts running through the attic. I have three unused rooms...
10
10

Stump removal w Hammer Drill
Anybody ever try to remove (chip out) a stump using a chisel attachment and a hammer drill in the hammer mode? (I've been looking for an excuse to buy one of these and wondering if this is my...
36
36

OT - John the toilet laid to rest at Utah restaurant
TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
1
1

Dryer motor advice...
The motor on my dryer has seized. I could take it apart, clean/grease the bearings, and maybe actually get it together and have it work - but it's 10 years old and I don't have time to mess...
21
21

TV conversion question? ? ?
Our little cheapo 5" screen TV that we use in the kitchen is doomed whenever TV makes its conversion -- in June now, I believe. Obviously we won't get a $100 converter box for a $15 TV set. But I...
60
60

"Sliming" aluminum wheels
So many opinions on how bad aluminum wheels are- Has anyone had any luck with slime or a similar product? I asked my mechanic how bad it was to replace a tire that had been slimed and he said he...
9
9

Swelling door question
I have, I guess this is what you call it, a foam filled French doors on the entrance to an outdoor deck. I live in Seattle and it's very wet here in the winter. The foam doors seem to be swelling...
4
4

April Air Humidifier
I have an April Air Model 224 humidifier. Water continues to run even with the furnace off. I don't think the problem is with the humidistat. I can hear it clicking on and off. The only way to...
5
5

Can I Extend IG Circuit?
I have an insulated ground circuit that an electrician installed for my PC about 20 years ago. It is 20 amp, and the only receptacle is orange in color. Can I extend this circuit to another box and...
4
4

Cold weather takes air out of your tires
idiot that either never had a physics class or does not know how to describe what happens. The only thing even more sad, is people believe him and never question "why?" You may not have know the exact...
37
37

Burst Water Pipe in Neighbor's Condo...
On a stretch of 4 days of about 3 F degrees weather my neighbor's water pipe inside burst on the first or second floor. He wasn't home so it flowed for quite awhile with a lot of ice off porch...
8
8

Water acts like it is pumping when well pump is off
My refrigerator water line keeps making a sound like it was pumping water to fill the ice tray every few minutes. However, the ice maker was full of ice. I also noticed the same sound every few...
17
17

whistling water
Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading thru your posts and this seems like a saavy group. Hope you don't mind if I jump in with a question. My daughter and I installed a new faucet set in the...
7
7