16x16x1/2 beaverboard ceiling tile

I'm looking for a source to replace 16x16x1/2 inch beaverboard ceiling tiles. The tiles must have tongue and grove ends and no pattern, just a plain finish that can be painted white. I'm not concerned about the material, since new beaverboard tile is probably unavailable. Diminsions are important. I need roughly two dozen tiles minimum to replace damaged tiles in the ceiling of my church. Other than new tile sources, is there a source for reclaimed beaverboard tile?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 345427 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
bslegona

Your best source will probably be a woodworker in your congregation. This is an afternoon project for someone with a table saw and a router, and you probably have someone who would love to do it.

Reply to
SteveBell