Subject Author Posted Replies

How do water heaters work?
Hi, I would like to learn how the water flows in a hot water heater. Is there a description somewhere on the web. I'm thinking of an old fashioned cast iron radiator or a modern runtal, such as...
21
21

Replacement parts for metal sheds?
Mother Nature decided to spend my tax refund for me- dropped the south half of a 50-foot forked pine tree on my backyard shed. Insurance will only cover a small part of it, once deductible and cap on...
1
1

Vacuum for hardwood floors
About to install 1000 sq ft of hardwood flooring to replace carpet... I'll need a new vacuum cleaner and it's not obvious to me what strategy to take... * A canister style * A "stick" style...
11
11

Septic tank cover
I just had my septic tank pumped and when they took the lid off it cracked in three pieces. They put two of the pieces back on and told me I would have to take care of it. The lid is 23" square on top...
13
13

Volume question
few years. It can be burned, but it is a lot more trouble and has a lot more creosote potential. The size of the tree the OP has are not something a sawmill would be interested in either.
7
7

cleaning a refrigerator with coils underneath?
Hi all, started "spring cleaning" in my kitchen this AM. Am stuck on refrigerator. Every one I've owned has had the coils on the back where it was simple to just pull the fridge out, quick swipe...
19
19

Electric Water Heater Maintenance
My 40 gallon low boy electric water heater may need maintenance. When I hook the garden hose to it to wash the crud out, do I have to turn off the incoming water, or do I just let it rip for a few...
59
59

Spray Painting Doors
I'm spraying 8 six panel doors. I'm starting the color coats now. The first coat went on with horizontal strokes. Should I switch to vertical strokes on the second coat or stay with horizontal...
8
8

Battery maintenance
My camera uses LI rechargeable batteries. I ordered a couple of new ones, and in a moment of weakness read the instructions that came with them. In a nutshell, they say they ship them uncharged, and...
11
11

Cuisinart Food Processor
Does anyone know how to remove the shaft from the base of a Cuisinart food processor. The part is officially called a "shaft" and is the stem to which the bowl and cutting blade sit on. Thanks.

YOU TUBE VIDEO Benjamin Moore's New Aura, Ben, and Natura zero VOC paint RULES!
I just finished painting a new bedroom with Benjamin Moore's 522 Aura Matte Finish. I was able to apply a deep dark red color choice (AF-290 Caliente) over new drywall without a primer! Two coats...
5
5

Microwave drys clothes faster than a dryer
I just discovered that you can dry one or two small to medium size pieces of clothing in a microwave oven faster than using a clothes dryer. Just stick it in the MW and run it for a few minutes. I...
19
19

How to use a hammer?
Im getting my husband a heart shaped hammer for Valentines Day. How does a person use a hammer? Mary L
3
3

heat resistance of pipe dope
I am putting a threaded bronze ball valve in a 1/2" copper water line. So I am using threaded adapters between the pipe threads and the copper tube. I intend to use pipe-thread compound on the threads...
25
25

What to do with old floor plans?
My Dad, a residential designer and draftsman, died recently. He had a one-man design and drafting firm for more than thirty years, and his archive of old blueprints is large. What should I do with all...
23
23