Subject Author Posted Replies

Craftsman Lawn Mower Overfilled With Oil
My one year old Craftsman mower was overfilled with oil (unbeknowst to me) a few days ago, was started, but never got as far as cutting any grass (lazy son, not the mower). I went out to cut the grass...
19
19

repairs on older home
I am a disabled 64 year old person who worked until 1992 and had a work injury. I paid taxees until a few years ago and lost my husband to cancer. There fore I do not make enough money to file. Is...
9
9

What to call, how to find spacer ring for light fixture
In my bathroom, above the vanity, there is a mirror and a fairly shallow light fixture. I'm about to replace the mirror with a recessed medicine chest which has a crown molding. The lights on the...
7
7

NEC and new electric panel locations
I am trying to find if it is permissible to locate new electric panels in a kitchen. I read somewhere that they cannot be located in a bathroom or a kitchen. However, I can read the 2008 National...
12
12

Screen porch - your ideas and suggestions?
I need to finish up my screen porch and would welcome all thoughts and input. The facts... The porch is approximately 38' x 15'. One long wall is concrete block...low 32" wall between full...
1
1

Shower stall leaks into kitchen & caulking didn't fix it
For quite some time, I have had evidence of leaking from my bathroom, in the form of first a soft spot in my kitchen ceiling, and now the spot has tears in it. The spot in my ceiling is directly under...
18
18

Dark building light ideas
I've been asked to do several "dark building inspections". Retail stores, which are closed for business. One of the things to do, is to take a lot of digital photos, and email them to the...
25
25

OT - Legendary broadcaster Paul Harvey dies
Red Green wrote in news:Xns9BC15794C1F60RedGreen@216.168.3.70: Farewell.....and good day! The 'Rest of the Story' is no more.
2
2

radiant floor heat ques
I would like to install radiant tubing w/ transfer plates under the floor. The floor joists are 24" OC. Transfer plates are 4" x 48". I'm using 1/2" PEX. I was told by suppler to space the tubing...
2
2

Sump pit.
Need advice on preventing sand from entering a sump pit to protect against sump pump stall or lock-up. The sump pit contains a plastic cylindrical enclosure (typical 18" diameter x 22", deep made for...
7
7

Another Front loader question on weight
Do the front loader machines weight more then top loaders?
4
4

Not your daddy's Duct Tape
"3M's Performance Plus Nuclear Grade Duct Tape. It doesn't appear to be particularly radiation resistant, but it does feature clean removal indoors and outdoors after up to 6 months. It's...
9
9

Plumbing codes -- PVC drain line size
I am replacing some 4-inch cast iron vertical and horizontal sewer drain lines. This is in a 3-story, 3-apartment building that I own. The horizontal drain line at the bottom that runs above the...
15
15

Ace hardware has a 20% off sale Saturday
Power tools and small appliances qualify for a 10% discount. Offer valid February 28, 2009. Discount applies to the regular price of in-stock merchandise that can fit inside the bag at one time....
5
5

attaching furring strips to block
What the easiest and fastest way to attach furring strips to concrete block. Is a power actuated nailer overkill? -------------------------------------...