Subject Author Posted Replies

Placement of Bath Exhaust Fan
I want to replace the cheapo builder's exhaust fan with a higher cfm model. The bathroom is 12 x 12 feet. The toilet is in the NW corner and the shower is in the SE corner. The outer wall is the...
7
7

Air duct cleaning - asbestos insulation
We need to clean air ducts in a building where part of the air duct have been insulated (from the outside) with blue-asbestos. Removing the asbestos would involve huge costs and we have a time limit....
2
2

Humiliate a Child
Who would do this to a child?! Well this goofy f'er of course! http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItem.do?itemid=96920...
7
7

Laminate Countertop
I have a question regarding sanding the edge of a formica counter top. I have a laminate counter top with a bevel edge molding made by kuehn. There is a spot where the bevel molding is not flush with...
4
4

motion detector aluminum wires
just got a motion detector to secure the side of my property, the china made motion detector has braided aluminum wires I haven't seen anything made with aluminum wires in years for modern...
14
14

motion sesor wiring question
Hello - attaching a motion sensor unit to a lamp/radio (for use garden to scare away critters!). Question on the wiring. Direction book not very clear. I have white (ground) and black (hot) from the...
2
2

candle types
A couple weeks ago, I caught a close out sale, and bought a couple "votive" candles. About 1.5 inch diameter, and 2 inch tall. I lit one last night, put it in a glass container, with a wall hanger. An...
36
36

GFI buttons dont work anymore
It just went bad. It happens. The most recent crop of Levitan brand GFCI outlets, with a small green led on the face, have been failing at an alarming rate for me
3
3

Where to buy PVC lumber
I am sure I have seen the guys on "This Old House" use lumber made out of PVC instead of wood. I want to buy a piece of this kind of lumber that is one inch thick, 12 inches wide and 24 inches long,...
9
9

Underlayment Ring Shank Nails
Never used them before. I'm prepping the floors in a 30+ year old house for carpet. A lot of the existing nails have worked loose and it creaks a lot. I've done a couple of rooms and it's...
13
13

Firewood cover
What are you folks covering your woodpiles with? I'm so tired of re-tying tarps and replacing tarps every couple of years has gotten old. I've read that a rigid roof keeps the pile better...
14
14

On a British water urn, how does the thermostat work?
How does a thermostat on a British hot water urn work? Are they different from smaller American coffee makers? (They have big coffee percolators in the US too, for public meetings and large parties,...

MR 16 lampholder.
Has anyone had any problems specifically with TC-301H halogen MR16 lamp-holders? The part number may be E127321. Please reply here or to at any time. I will continue to check for replies for many...
2
2

Wooden Shutters
Hello. I am in the process of painting some 80 year old wooden shutters that have been off my house for 10 years. I have scrapped, wire brushed and washed them. They are in pretty good shape. I am...
14
14

Defrost Issue - GE Artica
I started seeing rising temps in both the Fridge & Freezer. I don't think the coils are defrosting properly. I took the icemaker, shelves & coil panel out of the freezer, defrosted the coils with...
3
3