Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Postage
Is there a site that shows the current price of a stamp? I send so few letters that I can't keep up. I just put a 39¢ stamp and two 2¢ stamps on a letter. I hope I don't have to go back to...
28
28

Washing Machine Drains During Agitation
I've got an older model Kenmore washing machine that has run great until last week. It is a model 110.82374110 (non-suds). The machine fills normally, but when agitation starts, the machine is...
9
9

I guess I need to reboot my ceiling fan. Help?
I've got a Hampton Bay ceiling fan that spontaneously started running in the wrong (winter) direction when I turned it on the other day to dry some carpeting I had cleaned. From what I understand...
13
13

Electric water heater -- non-simultaneous?
Had a bad lower element in my water heater and noticed that the diagram indicated "non-simultaneous" operation. I'm just a little curious about this scheme. Seems odd to me because the hot water...
9
9

Stuck Fuse - How to Remove
Some of the fuses in our Frigidaire Elite stove are stuck and I cannot remove them. I cannot turn them past a certain point. They are mounted vertically. All suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in...
18
18

Replacement Windows?
Has anyone had theirs done recently??? What brand did you decide on?? Our house is 16 years old which has Rivco windows. They are now out of business. We have 6 windows that is foggy, steamy on the...
17
17

freezer frost build up --> warm fridge
Hi -- I have a 9 yo Kenmore freezer+fridge. It's set up so that the fridge is cooled by siphoning air off the freezer. The problem is that the freezer is building frost, blocking the duct, and...
8
8

Tool Sale
Amazon's "Whenever the Mood Strikes Us" tool sale....

Smell from Kitchen Sink
I have a strong smell coming from kitchen sick that just won't go away.........it smells quite strong. I have removed the cap that screws on at the bottom and nothing there and I have checked and...
7
7

Questions about pressure treated 6 X 6 steps ??
About 5 years ago, I installed a set of outdoor steps leading up to a gazebo. These steps are made out of 6 X 6 pressure treated timbers. The steps are planted into the ground, and staked with rebar....
7
7

How to repair gutter nails
We had a big thaw around Albany, NY last week and I got out in my backyard to look around a little at what winter did to the yard. The yard is OK but I noticed that half of the nails holding the...
10
10

wireless fence
Hello all, I have a dog that is roaming too much. I would like to try one of the collars that work with a "wireless" fence. Does anyone have experience or recommendations? Thanks
20
20

Buying junk from China without quality control. (2023 Update)
Some 5/8=94 faucet seats for Tracy may in fact be 39/64=94 Some of the following plumbing parts sold by a leading hardware store by a leading plumbing parts wholesaler who=92s name begins with W may...
15
15

Central hose vacuum as dust collector?
Hoping to acquire from a relative an unused 'central va' unit. Welcome opinion as to whether this unit would be OK (with new ducting to each main tool) for an occasional wood worker's shop...
11
11

Electrical Breaker and dust collector question
I have a Delta 1.5 Hp dust collector I bought used, so I'm not sure how old it is. I currently have it plugged into the 20 amp circuit in my shop. I also have a Rigid TS3650 Table Saw, plugged...
24
24