Subject Author Posted Replies

How to achieve sidewalk color with Basalite brand 80# sacks of concrete mix?
I have to pour a small section of driveway strip using sacks of dry Basalite brand concrete mix. When ordering ready mix, for sidewalks and slabs the ready mix company mixes in color, lamp black or...
3
3

Small, light, ball barrier
I would like to make some type of barrier to keep rolling golf balls from leaving the lawn and entering the shrubbery. I have been practicing short shots in the back yard. If I hit it a bit too long...
10
10

Reading a digital meter
I have a new digital meter on my little house. I am trying to figure out how much electricity is being drawn whenever most of my appliances are off. I used to be able to gauge this by how long it took...
9
9

Radiator cover plans
Hi, helping a friend here. She's looking for simple plans for a radiator cover. I see nothing like what I have seen in other's houses when it's a kitchen. Design looked for I can possibly...
13
13

Zurn Aquaflush leaking only as the flush is ending - Help!
Hi, I have a Zurn Z6000 Aquaflush and it only leaks as the flush is ending and it stops leaking after the flush is completed. This page shows the Aquaflush: I replace the vacuum breaker valve? Do I...
4
4

Worn Friction Hinge on Desk Lamp
I've got a clamp-on, adjustable swing arm desk lamp with fully enclosed friction hinges connecting the base, the arms, and the shade. There are no springs, tension knobs, screw holes, or any other...
7
7

help identify hardware from corner cabinet
The mechanism that my kitchen corner cabinet pivots on broke. I'm trying to find a new one. There's no brand name on it and only one small logo. Would the folks here take a look at the photo...
5
5

How do I know if I need a subfloor?
I'm planning to finish my basement. My house is only 4 years old, the basement is concrete walls & floor slabs. The previous owner framed & insulated most of the walls, two walls remain un-framed....
10
10

Chimney juice
Since I have been burning wood all the time I have a brown stain running down my roof from the chimney. Not that it bothers me that much but what would wash it off with little effort?
14
14

Cost of new home
How much does it cost to build a new home 1200 s.f. in Montgomery county, Pa. I once herd that if you build 2 houses you can sell 1 for enough to pay for the other house. ( like getting your house for...
10
10

sand in water pipes
I had a sprinkler system problem that required several repairs and in that process I seem to have gotten a lot of debris in the pipes inside my home. In fact, the final repair was made (by me) and...
4
4

things that go drip in the night, or the economics of a solar water heater
Hi all, this has been discussed here before, mostly because I expected this thing to crap the bed years ago, but every time I got close to replacing it suddenly my floor was dry for another year or...
12
12

Small undermount kitchen sink
I'm in search for a smaller than standard size (31 1/4" x 18") undermount kitchen sink because I live in a small condo with a tiny kitchen. Does anyone know where I can find it? I searched the...
4
4

Carrier central ac
I have 3 central carrier hvac systems for my house. On the outside condenser for one of them the fan has gotten quite noisy. In fact it was initially frozen in the beginning of the season. I got it...
4
4

How to use Toolless Cat6 RJ45 Keystone Jack
I am doing Cat6 wiring and I cannot figure out how to use Toolless Cat6 RJ45 Keystone Jack that I bought online. I could not find any instructions anywhere how to attach Cat6 cable to it.
2
2