Subject Author Posted Replies

Tankless Hot water system?
Hello, I just had a person that rates houses for energy efficiency come and rate our house. One of his suggestions he made was to pull out my existing Gas fired hot water tank and install a Tankless...
11
11

proper storage of all those fuel cans
With a nod to the Propane thread, I am good with the 20lb propane tanks and never bring them inside- but in my well ventilated and unheated, but electrified garage I have; in the winter a car with...
15
15

Dangerous electrical panels?
ELECTRICAL PANEL SAFE? A Potential HAZARD could exist at your home AT RISK: Federal Pacific, Zinsco, X.O Style Square D, Pushmatic, Challenger, Crouse Hinds, Sylvania We have a Federal Pacific panel....
18
18

How to: Clearstream aerobic septic controller?
I have an aerobic septic system with a Clearstream controller. I would like to know what the various switches control so that I can program it to suit changing conditions. Apparently documentation is...

LX 188 John Deere fuel leak
My carb has a fuel leak somewhere around the float bowl gasket. Put in a blew gasket. Still leaked. Put in a new fuel line. Still leaked. Removed the carb. Put in a new float inlet valve. Still...
2
2

Earth Day, April 22
For Earth day, I drove around in a 1995 Chevrolet van, releasing carbon dioxide. I serviced coolers that contain freon. Didn't release any, I just did electrical work on them. I helped capitalists...
13
13

Tankless Hot water syatem?
Hello, I just had a person that rates houses for energy efficiency come and rate our house. One of his suggestions he made was to pull out my existing Gas fired hot water tank and install a Tankless...
16
16

OT Warning -- How many have propane tanks in the garage?
A few days ago a home exploded not far from where I live. I just read the result of the investigations into that incident: FREMONT ? A 65-year-old Fremont man remained in a San Jose hospital Monday...
44
44

Cutting countertop
My next assignment at a friend's new-used house is to cut some ready-made Home Depot countertop to correct length, and cut the hole for the sink. I've got some concerns, mostly due to the fact...
17
17

Swollen door sill?
In trying to figure out why my dad's back door won't open anymore without a tremendous amount of effort, the best theory i can come up with is that since it's in a small laundry room where...
14
14

Estimation of Fake-Stone Veneers
Is there anyone here who can give an estimation of the installed per-square-foot cost of exterior fake-stone veneers? Actually any cost breakdown would be appreciated. I assume it would cost more to...
3
3

GE Profile Washing Machine
If you have had repeated problems with GE Profile Washing Machine not spinning or water not stopping and overflowing due to dirt clogging where the pressure switch or water level switch hose or tube...

Concrete formwork
I am redoing the landing area coming out of the front door to the driveway. Right now there is a step that is almost 9" tall and I wish to make it about 6" or so and slope from there to the beginning...
4
4

Wood fence post coated with tar?
I had a wood fence built last year, the code calls for 4x4 PT posts embedded in concrete 12" deep, which is what I did. I have always wondered how long this PT post would last in the hot and humid...
5
5

Sump pump backflow?
I moved into my house durring this winter and now going through spring thaw, it has also been raining for 3 days straight and now the sump pump in my basement that I have not had any issues with...
14
14