Subject Author Posted Replies

Cleaning out the gutters & trimming back rooftop branches today...
Cleaning out the gutters & trimming back rooftop branches today... o <> drain clogged o <> clearing drain o <> trimming branches The rainy season is almost upon us in California, so I climbed up on my...
4
4

Birds seem to be getting inside my eaves due to me not realizing they pick the wire grating off
Birds seem to be getting inside my eaves due to me not realizing they pick the wire grating off o <> dead bird o <> crawling around o <> holed grating o <> bird poop The wife was complaining of birds...
1
1

Lessons learned using brass garden hose nozzles & shutoff & having most break over time
Lessons learned using brass garden hose nozzles & shutoff & having most break over time o <> nozzles o <> assortment o <> shutoffs 1. The two-part Home Depot Orbit (SKU 1002083506) break in half 2....
1
1

Drywall in cold weather, how cold is too cold ?
I want to hang some drywall, but its winter here in IL and I want to know how cold is too cold ? Found some articles on-line and the average answer was "Not less than 50dF", if not, heat the room some...
7
7

Skip if you are OCD
Interesting collection of both natural and man made goofs. Some would drive an OCD person to insanity.
6
6

On Topic: Window danger
Keep those windows working properly. You life depends on it. Jonathan Hernandez, 32, was attempting to burglarize a home on Nora Avenue and 46th Street SW by climbing through a window. While he was...
19
19

FDA and Women in History
This seems appropriate wit everything goin on iwht vaccines today. How one woman saved the US from the Thalidomide crisis and helped shape the FDA to approve drugs properly.
1
1

Shop and Garage Cleaning. Play Santa.
A list of some charities that will take old tools and building supplies. The list was updated early this month. <> Make some extra room in your garage or workshop by donating your unwanted tools and...
3
3

Take what you need
10
10

Nothing has changed, Archie Bunker
An episode of Archie Bunker's Place just now, that was as accurate as 42 years ago. First there's an oil shortage so there isn't enough gasoline and the President wants people to turn their...
4
4

Do I need a sewer vent pipe for an additional new bathroom?
Hello all, I am planning to add a bathroom to a bedroom. The new one will be about 20 ft or so away from the existing one. I am in San Jose CA. Would I need a vent pipe for this new bathroom? Thanks!...
6
6

Home repair ideas
This page is loaded with simple home repair ideas and a few other household tips. Arlen will be proud when he sees it
2
2

Why did the top layer come off the steps?
Why did the top layer come off the steps? My next door neighbor's house is built into the rear of a hill, so the back opens up at ground level and the front is one story up, with cement or concrete?...
3
3

Cutting into drywall
I never liked cutting into drywall because you never know what's in the wall. Could be electrical, could be plumbing, could be HVAC, could be this...
14
14

Carpenter ants doing what they do
These guys are no joke. Check out the pile of saw dust.
4
4