Subject Author Posted Replies

fluorescent light not working
We have 3 fluorescent light fixtures in our office and each of them has 2 tubes. All 3 fixtures are battery backed up versions with a red light that you can press to test the light. The strange thing...
7
7

Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter...
The upside down hanging Tomato planter....SWMBO wants one..But me being VERY skeptical of things advertised on cable think it's crap...Has anyone bought and used one or know somebody who has???...
13
13

not enough clearance for a hammer drill
------------------------------------- I'm doing an earthquake retrofit on my basement and seem to have run out of options for securing the sill plate to the foundation in about half my marked...
2
2

Power vent hot water heater recommendations?
I want to replace my current gas hot water tank with a power vent unit (about 50 gallon capacity). Years ago we installed a high efficiency furnace-- power vented out the side of the house instead of...
4
4

Galvanized to PVC
Opened the water supply valve for my backyard water spigot only to discover a leak. Pipe is galvanized extending about 24" above ground level with a 180 degree elbow to which a standard valve is...
13
13

Need fuel line for chain saw.
I have a small chain saw that won't start. It is a Poulan model 2075 and the fuel line has deteriorated to the point that the filter fell off inside the gas tank. My assumption is that flakes from...
15
15

DIY - Buy the right Tools - Learn how to do it right?
It used to be that people with DIY projects would take the time to learn how to do something (buy and read books) and would purchase the proper tools to do the job. The thing being either you pay...
12
12

Faucet re-seat tool
My house has a bath wash basin that is original to the 54 year old house. I think the faucet is a Gerber brand. I need to reseat the stem on the hot water side; new washers last only a few weeks. The...
7
7

String Trimmer Problem
My daughter's 4 cycle string trimmer seems to be locked up. You can't pull the cord at all. With the spark plug out it pulls okay. My thought is valves stuck closed. Any other ideas for...
13
13

Recommend a refrigerator brand?
Our fourteen month old Samsung refrigerator has been condemned and we will be able to get a replacement from Best Buy. We want a side by side, with ice maker that makes plenty of ice, and is highly...
30
30

Peg board or slat wall?
I am now going to finish my garage walls. Two sides are new walls that are newly framed, the other two sides are the garage doors and exterior wall. I am thinking of lining two walls with something...
16
16

Does vinegar harm cement paving bricks?
Over the last three years I've been spraying strength vinegar on my cement based pavers to kill moss and weeds. Works well; however, does vinegar harm cement based pavers? Thanks, Gary
46
46

UV bulbs
there are two types of UV tubes for bug zappers: Black light & Black Light-Blue glass GEs website says the difference btwn BL and BLB is that BLB have dark glass which traps visible light producing...
3
3

Re: OT Warning -- How many have propane tanks in the garage?
I have a big yard and got tired of cutting all of it so I quit cutting all but about a 1/4 acre the house is on. The neihbors srated complaining so I seeded the "wild area" in wild flowers. I have a...
1
1

"We Buy Houses"...
Hello all... Seen these signs around now and then, in various iterations. Sell a house, get cash, quickly. I'm wondering if there's a formula they use to make their offers, i.e., a certain...
4
4