Subject Author Posted Replies

knob came off mirror door
How can i put back the plastic knob on a Mirror door ?
4
4

Replace narrow side door
During kitchen remodel decades ago, due to space requirements, I had to have a narrow (24") exterior door installed. Now I have to replace it (bottom is rotted; inside yecchy stuff exposed). $$ is...
11
11

Not enough Hot water from oil burner/possible bad coil?
My in-laws have an oil fired hot water baseboard system with a tankless HW heater coil rated at 5 GPM. Presently the aquastat is set for the boiler to come on when the water temp drops to 165 deg and...
10
10

Frigidaire side by side fridge is buzzing
I have a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator model number FRS26ZRGWA. It sounds like there is a fan buzzing in the rear of the freezer sections. What should I check first? TIA.
2
2

Remove Tub Faucet Handles
We have a dripping bathtub faucet. This is a conventional two valve faucet with stems sticking straight out of the wall, about 50 years old. It's probably just a simple matter of replacing the...
13
13

Repairing screw holes in PVC fencing
I had to relocate some hardware on my PVC fencing to make the gate work like it should. This left some empty screw holes where the hardware came off, not serious, just unsightly. What's the best...
4
4

stain or varnish or...
i have to re stain a wooden front door that has been baked by the sun to the point that the stain behind the window in the storm door is a grayish color with a couple of good sized(4-5 inches long)...
5
5

rust on hammock poles
Good afternoon, I have a hammock with metal poles. Sometimes the weed-eater gets a little too close to the poles and will chip the paint and along with the morning dew and rain, the poles have paint...
3
3

Surge protectors in series
If two surge protectors are connected in series, is the amount of surge protection available at the down-stream protector approximately equal to the sum of the two individual protections??
48
48

Waterproofing a brick front porch
Tom, this doesn't add up so well. The moss, especially if it is green colored is due to the sun not shining on the porch or some other condition that doesn't allow the surface to dry out. If the top...
1
1

did I do a Bad Thing?
Not sure if this is the appropriate way to handle this situation or not, looking for feedback... anyway, background. In my living room there are two boxes for wall sconces. The PO's of the house...
21
21

LED for General Interior Home Lighting
Its there but its hyped up, I bought a few bulbs but it was a waste of money, color is poor and efficency no better than Cfls and price is to high from the units ive tried. it will get better. Stated...
3
3

Electrical panel problems after storm
There were several dead curcuits around the house this morning after an electrical storm. I reset all the breakers, including the main 200 amp breaker. After messing around with the breakers I noticed...
16
16

Lawn mower question
I have a 15-year-old Sears 4hp mower that I change the air filter, plug & oil each spring. It started & ran fine last week for the first mowing, but now it acts like it's running out of gas. Runs...
10
10

New garage
Is $6900.00 a good price for a 2 car garage with slab and 2 steel doors?
20
20