Subject Author Posted Replies

Garden Hose for transfer of K1 Oil ?
I need to transfer K1 kerosene from my delivery trailer to my tank 50 ft away. I have priced hoses made for fuels, and a 50 ft length is $200-300. Any reason why I cannot us a commercial grade, 3/4...
40
40

rescreening a patio door
any tips or tricks to keeping the screen (fiberglass) tight while rolling in the spline?? we've already done it twice and still the screen is not very tight...very frustrating thanks, cj
12
12

where to buy lighter fluid?
do any drugstore chains still sell lighter fluid? I asked at CVS yesterday and they recommended a tobacconist's, but I'm guessing that's a waste of time, as wouldn't someone who likes...
16
16

Urinal for the home
On Sun, 10 May 2009 09:25:47 -0400, against all advice, something compelled Hipupchuck , to say: Who says you can't?
13
13

exterior stain over exterior paint?
I'm going to be restaining my siding this summer. But the trim appears to have been mostly finished with paint instead of stain. Can I paint over this with stain instead of paint? Would I have to...
2
2

Compressor / inflator recommendations
I am considering buying an inflatable poolside water slide something like this: need some way to inflate it. I suppose the vacuum cleaner could be used, but I have been meaning to buy a portable...
5
5

Genie garage door receiver - 9 dip switch vs. 12 dip switch
My old Genie radio receiver (old 9 dip-switch version) was invaded by fire ants and stopped working. So - I replaced it with a 12 dip-switch version (after being assured by a tech at Genie that it...
6
6

Thank you, amateur gutter hanger, wherever you are
Spent some time cleaning out my raingutters today. I have to shout out a very special "thank you" to the halfwit who installed them before I bought the house. For sloping them incorrectly so they hold...
11
11

Dishwasher Drain
I am installing a new SHE33M02UC Bosch dishwasher in place of our old Gibson. With the Gibson I used a drain hose about 10' long, made up of a section of standard "corrugated" plastic dishwasher...
3
3

new a/c refrigerant?
I'm in the market to replace my split-system heat pump A/C. An installer = came by today and said that there is a "new r22" that eliminates the = need for the expensive puron (r410). I googled and...
11
11

Micro-biocide furnace filters.
The guy who repaired my parents furnance suggested micro-biocide filters. I usually buy the pleated type for them at Lowes or Depot for about $15.00 a pop, but I don't know if they are treated or...
7
7

Central AC UV filter
A customer of mine inquired about a UV filter to install in or on a central AC air handler to kill mold growing inside the cabinet and duct. Is anyone familiar with these, that can give me any detail...
32
32

It's hot inside!!!
I have waited too long to replace my broken window a/c unit and now the heat is on. I'm desperate. The one I want (whirlpool 8000 BTU) claims to be Whirlpools quietest ever. The problem is no...
10
10

Can a pool robot do the job of a regular filtration system?
There's a large concrete swimming pool at my mom's house that needs refurbishing, and I'd like to help her bring it back into use. Drain the water, clean out debris, acid wash, ok sounds...
24
24

Barker Tile Panels
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with Barker tile panels. I'm doing a tub surround project, and after deciding against the plastic panel kits, I am now considering using a...