Subject Author Posted Replies

knot sealer?
What is the best knot sealer for pine wood?
6
6

Which Fixture do we need most?
Shit outside, take a sponge bath and get a kitchen sink.You can piss in it too.
3
3

What is AIR ENTRAINING portland cement?
Damn, is Google broken again?
7
7

[SOLVED] How to get a towel out of the toilet?
On 5/27/2009 11:08 PM spake thus: You didn't say whether or not the toilet was clogged--is it? If not, I wouldn't sweat it; the towel will eventually clear your drain. If it is clogged,...
27
27

Water shut off, again
Water heater leaking. No shut off for the WH. Have to go for the water main to the house. Why no shut off? Last people didn't put one in. I changed the WH in Jan of 2004, but there were 16 inches...
48
48

Rain diverter for rubber membrane roof?
There's a small roof (about 6' wide by 4' deep) above my front door. Rain and melting snow run off the front of the roof onto the stairs, making them icy in the winter. We got one estimate...
4
4

dead attic fan
We have two attic fans in the roof to take hot air out. Last year one of them quit working. Would it still using electricity?
20
20

double paned windows
I was considering putting film on inside pane. Spouse called Millard the maker and they said bad idea with no explanation. Why bad idea? Thanks, Seamus J. Wilson
12
12

Melting point of old solder
I tried disassembling a 1/2" copper elbow from water pipes, using a propane torch that comes in a $20 Worthington plumbing kit from Lowe's. The solder wouldn't melt. I'm wondering if the...
24
24

Refridgerator Woes (Sorry If This Came Through Twice!)
Sorry for the double post (if it does). I've been having posting problems lately... I have an older model (1994, I think) GE fridge (top freezer model) that recently decided it didn't want to...
3
3

Ideas for stabilizing a four poster bed?
Slightly O.T. but still within the realm of a home... We have an old four poster bed that wiggles a lot. It appears that where the side rails fit into the posts (metal hooks that hang over steel pins...
18
18

Gas Grill Side Burner - Can't Lower Flame
I've got a BBQ Grillware grill (Lowes). The side burner can't be used for much other than boiling water because it can not be turned down low enough. While there is some degree of control via...
6
6

Ever taken advantage of "lifetime warranty" on Home Depot kitchen faucet?
The Glacier Bay kitchen faucet I got at Home Depot ostensibly has a "Lifetime Warranty" but the process requires you to send the unit back to the manufacturer. Assuming the company is still in...
31
31

Using JB Weld on car gas line
I know JB Weld will fix most anything except some plastics and holds well on metals. I have heard it being used on gas tanks and never heard of it leaking after it was used. However, someone told me...
39
39

Strance A/C problem
I'm having a strange problem with the A/C (a heat pump). One night near the end of last summer we had some lightning. The next day our upstairs A/C started blowing hot air so I called the A/C...
22
22