Subject Author Posted Replies

Shingle (laminates) bundles on roof - How long?
How long can I leave these on the roof? They are in bundles plastic wrapped no more than 2 high - temperature in 60's, sometimes low 70's. They have been up there for 3 weeks so far and seem...
4
4

Alarm Install manual or expertise
I am looking to talk with someone who has installed this system or who has an installation manual for it. Thanks, Andy Safewatch Pro 3000EN
9
9

Sort of OT ...swimming pool clock?
Hello, I have a Hydropool which is a swimming pool that shoots a water jet down the center and you can swim against the current. I swim with a face mask and snorkel as I find it too hard to turn my...
12
12

bathtub drain stopper won't stay up
Hi, I recently moved in to my first house a few months ago. Over those few months the stopper in the main bathtub gradually stopped being able to stay in the up position to allow water to drain....
1
1

How to add GFCI to circuit with obsolete breaker box?
I want to add GFCI to a pool light circuit. I traced the circuit to a Square D XO subpanel. The XO series breaker box is obsolete and the only breakers I can find are regular used ones (no GFCI...
26
26

Harleysville insurance
Anyone using them? My agent called today and wants to replace my (up for renewal) policies with policies from this company. It would save me a bundle on both homeowners and auto. I could not find...
8
8

"Popcorn" paint
I live in The Villages in Florida. Friend has ceiling of her garage painted with "popcorn". House is 9 years old. some of the paint is coming off, but there is no sign of water damage of any kind....
15
15

geo thermal
My next door neighbour is considering installing geo-thermal heating and cooling using a heat pump 20-25 feet away from my deck. Should I be concerned about the noise? I like things quiet. Any...
4
4

bathroom fan-light-heat
I'm going to replace my 35 year old bathroom fan-light-heater combo that has been in the house since it was built. The new one is also fan-light-heat. I haven't done this before and am looking...
2
2

door knob mounting hole
All of the door knobs in house are brand Dexter. The knobs are approaching 25 years old. They are all mounted in 1 7/8" holes. Q1: Are there other door knob manufacturers that make 1 7/8" hardware? If...
9
9

jomax cleaner
Friend told me to get some Jomax to use for cleaning my deck. I went to Lowes (only store near by ) and noticed two different kinds. Forget exactly what the package said, but one seemed for roofs and...
1
1

U brackets, nailing
I have some U-shaped brackets that I'm nailing into a 4x4 post. The brackets will hold a 2x4 stringer. The nailing hole in the bracket is in the base of the "U", and it's hard to nail the nail...
6
6

Phone jack woes? Any experts?
I've tried researching this and I am now completely confused by all the web page advice and really don't want to read about RJ's cat5, etc. any more :>0 1970-era home. Replacing old...
15
15

Using paint remover on clothing
Found a nice bathrobe my neighbor had discarded; in good shape, except there were a few small splotches of white paint on it. Took it in, glopped some of my paint remover (3M Safest Stripper) on the...
3
3

Home Depot return policy
I'm guessing someone on this list knows. I returned a water heater, today. Purchased Jan 26, 2004. Six year warranty. The returns desk refunded me my original $198 or whatever it was (including...
28
28