Subject Author Posted Replies

Acetone in keyhole?
Hello, After locking myself out of my apartment yesterday, I managed to make the problem worse by fiddling with a piece of plastic in the lock which broke off and ended up being shoved pretty far into...
27
27

reduce sound transmission between interior walls
I've googled this and all the information is aimed at soundPROOFING the walls. I'd just like to make a decent reduction in the amount of sound that passes through the walls. The usual advice...
11
11

Cracked Rendering and Repairs
Hi, first time poster. Having recently moved into a new home, a three bed semi, the back wall is in need of repair. The rendering is badly cracked and a proper job is required to replace it. I have a...
5
5

Heating Duct in the Way of Toilet
I want to put a toilet right where there is a heating duct under the floor. Moving the heating duct is not an option because of cost and the amount of labor required. This is the main furnace duct...
5
5

Thanks Scotiabank and Questrade!
And after losing my life savings in CSHD!!!! thought it was fitting to take my 1000 dollars and assign me 4000% loss!!! I guess thats why I am the way I am a sad angry man the seems to be aware that...

craftsman self propelled mower 917.377361
I have a craftsman self propelled mower that worked fine until the batter went dead and would no longer hold a charge. I replaced the battery but when I engage the gears the front wheels wont turn,...

Quality of Powerwasher brand pressure washers?
I'd like to get an electric pressure washer for cleaning vinyl siding and other miscellaneous tasks around the house. Sears is now carrying the Powerwasher brand. I went in today and the salesman...
1
1

How much oil for 2-stroke blower?
I have a 'Weed Eater', GBI 30V blower. The instruction on the machine says to use 8oz of oil to 1 galllon of gas. ( which sounds like a LOT of oil to me ) so I downloaded a .pdf Users Manual,...
13
13

OT Neighbor (rant)
Greetings I'm retired from the construction industry, but not yet retired. We live in a neighborhood, where people help their neighbors, we have neighborhood cookouts & such. Though retired from...
134
134

Suspending an outlet from the ceiling
So what's the proper way to suspend an outlet from the ceiling? This would be in a commercial shop. What I gather so far is that a guy would want to use the following: o Metal box securely...
4
4

T-104 timer clock problem.
I am installing a T-104 timer on my pool pumps and am having promblem with the clock not working. The power supply (220) is connected to terminals 1&3 and the pump is connected to terminals 2&4. The...
1
1

Basic pluming question please!
Dear NG, I live in a tenement on the lower east side of nyc on the fourth floor. In my bathroom, both the tub and sink drain into the same "main drain" and get routed down from there. Question, what...
11
11

Gluing sill gasket to wood?
Elegant? What's not working for you with the staples? It's quick and easy and quick. 3M spray adhesive would do what you want. When you say many applications, give a f'rinstance or three. R
2
2

GFCI breaks on tiny load
[this has been tackled elsewhere, but not answered!] Plug a drop light into GFCI - the light lights up! Plug drop light into house AC - the light lights up. Plug an extension cord into GFCI and test...
10
10

Gap in wood flooring
Hi, I'm installing real wood floor in my bedroom. I know I should leave a gap on all sides in case of wood expansion, but if I don't leave the gap on one (just one!) of the sides the boards...
4
4