Subject Author Posted Replies

Hanging Solar Sensor Lights
Thought I'd pass this on after reading Trader's post about his wired lights. A few months ago I installed 4 of these lights: 't really think it through, because I've got 18" eaves that would block the...
8
8

Appliance lead time
Has anyone put a Whirlpool refrigerator on order lately ? In the middle of August we put in an order for a new refrigerator at Queen City. Was told it may be October before it was shipped to them. OK....
10
10

Angle adapter widget for outdoor light fixture?
I'm replacing two motion activated outdoor lights. The old ones were Heath- Zenith halogen with the dual bright feature. That's where they come on at dusk for 4 or 6 hours at maybe 30% intensity to...
20
20

Inventions and Improvements
Some things that have made life better for us. Improvements. <>Actual inventions. <> From ancient China. <>Mr. Moen's scare led to a faucet. <>And lastly, Mr. Crapper. (P trap) <>
2
2

Don't GRILL on the balcony
Houses and apartment fires happen every year from careless grilling on decks and balconies. Many are violations. This made a lot of people homeless A grill on a balcony is being blamed for a two-alarm...
1
1

Fanheaters suck
Do not use a fan heater upside down attached to the ceiling. When the motor fails, the overheat cutout is at the bottom instead of the top and does not switch it off. The casing then catches fire (I...
16
16

Window draft
I’m getting a draft through these holes in my window frame. Do these holes have a purpose? Can I cover them to stop draft?
36
36

OT. Koolaid With a TV Dinner???
Blame Nebraskans. A list of some things invented in Nebraska: <> Some big city type must've written this. There is no mention of center pivots. See the many products developed in Nebraska through the...
7
7

190,000 H-D ceiling fans recalled
Consumers should immediately stop using the ceiling fans and inspect the ceiling fans using the instructions at www.kingoffans.com/MaraRecall.htm or by visiting the QR code listed in the recall press...
1
1

getting more drying time on Amana dryer?
I recently acquired a gently used Amana dryer: I might be having some issues with drying a lightweight down comforter. This dryer has three heat settings, depending on which quarter part of the timer...
18
18

Pilot light but won't stay lit
I have a Majestic, direct vent, gas log fireplace model DV360 that is 16 years old. When I try to light it, the pilot usually lights quickly and will stay lit as long as I am pushing in on the pilot...
3
3

bears and car door handles
I'm watching Doorbell cam videos and the first thing the bears do is go for the car door handles. How do they know about door handles?
14
14

water furnace thermostat
So Im installing a new thermostat that requires c power from wire.Unfortunately, I can't determine myself if the particular control box at the furnace contain the transformer point for a c connection...
4
4

Why does new drain gurgle?
I wouldn't use drain cleaner so easily. It can back up in other sinks and destroy things there, especially iron pots. Especially if you live in an apartment with someone beneath you, and maybe even...
1
1

A story, in two parts.
A story, in two parts. Not only did Usenet stop working Thursday morning, just 5 minutes after it used to work, but Friday night my TVs stopped working. Just a raster and some crummy noise. They all...