Subject Author Posted Replies

nylon or polyproylene
Quick question. Which is stronger,nylon or polypropylene rope?
13
13

Best way to repair badly designed gate
We have a couple of wooden gates. The latches keep bnreakiong because the gates were badly designed so that all of the force of closing is borne by the latch. I would appreciate suggetsions for how to...
24
24

power in circuit, bulb doesn't light
I have a ridiculous problem with a circuit in my house. A simple circuit tester, when hooked to the black and white wires going to a switch shows that I have 120V (based on an LED on the tester, not...
5
5

No More TV Reception
The converter box had been working OK for the past year but starting today, conversion day, most of the channels 2-13 do not come in. The higher numbered channels are working.
17
17

Cellular to Wired Home Phone
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent...
20
20

How do they make semi-round pickets
How do they make semi-round pickets? I mean fence pickets that are convex on one side and flat on the other. They used to be made by cutting the center out of a tree in the form of flat boards and...
12
12

Light duty load lift?
Due to back injury, I cannot lift items more than 50 lbs. So I'm looking for a general purpose device to move heavy items around. E.g. load a lawn mower into the trunk of a station wagon move a 27...
1
1

TV antenna shorted out
Do rooftop TV antennas short out? I think mine did. Until yesterday it worked just fine. Now I can not get any programs. The TV lights up but all I get is snow. No picture, no sound. I checked the...
8
8

Uncuttable phone wires?
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc....
55
55

Wasp nest removal difficulty
"[RICHLAND, Wash] Workers cleaning up the Hanford nuclear reservation are going after radioactive wasp nests." you thought you had troubles...
8
8

THE END IS HERE
Much to their surprise, they will find out that at least 2 million households in the USA don't give a damn about television. I lived without one when I was in college. When I went back to school...
35
35

Pool + Spa - 1 pump or 2
I'm putting in a pool and spa and am debating if I need a separate pump for the spa. One builder tells me I need 2 pumps, but concedes it is mostly for convienance. The main pool pump can run to...
5
5

drain fly problem
Over the last couple of years, I have had drain flies I can't get rid of. Last year, I discovered a leak under the sink that had evidently been active for quite some time, but once fixed over time...
6
6

nospouseinthehouse
No Spouse in the House is specialized in small/minor property repair work that is categorized as being "too small a job for General Contractor, Plumber, Electrician, or Painter". I am often involved...
1
1

DTV
How many people will flip the switch tomorrow morning and wonder why the TV does not work? Nobody told me! Next week will probably be a sales boon for the TV stores too.
21
21