Subject Author Posted Replies

Need advice on bathroom fittings
My bathroom is too small it has no extra space. I need a removable corner case or racks which occupy less space that may accommodate more bathroom articles. It would be of great help if anyone could...
3
3

Need Bathroom paint color ideas
Hello I am looking for color ideas to paint my bathroom. A little bit about the bathroom. The home is Ranch style on the San Francisco Peninsula built in 1954. The bathroom is original, except for the...
4
4

Questions About Dowsing For Water
I need to drill a new well and would like to use a dowser. (I am a believer in dowsing, and I can do a little of it myself.) Two questions: 1. We have aquifers at the 75 foot level, and my dowser 25...
114
114

(OT?) TV Service Headache
(posted to I've been getting cable TV service in eastern Missouri for about 25 years. Back in the 90's, working full time and earning honest money, I got expanded basic and SHO and TMC, and...
7
7

Switching Land Line Phone Companies
Is it true that if you switch to a local mom & pop outfit, Verizon still has to correct infrastructure problems such as static that emanates from outside the house? If so, how does this work? Do you...
9
9

The outlet wall
Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets. With pic one problem. The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems generated by the concept.
4
4

Why knife regulation is needed
At least in Canada. "Onlookers at the Calgary Zoo were shocked Tuesday when a Western Lowland gorilla picked up a knife and pointed it at a fellow gorilla..." "It wasn't a HUGE knife..." (Looks...
12
12

Aquarium Stands for 3, 10-gal Tanks
I'd like to build a stand for three 10-gallon fish aquariums for my classroom. Preferably, I'd like something that is strong enough to handle the weight from the water, have an area underneath...
30
30

Using stair gauges to lay out stringers
Regarding the earlier thread expressing puzzlement over building a small set of stairs: those who want to do this but don't know how to go about it should realize it ain't rocket science....

Selecting pool paint to last for 5 years
I'm having a tricky time to decide on a white pool paint that will last for about 5 years until we can save up some money to re-plaster or pebble-tec and new waterline tile etc. The pool is 40,000...
3
3

Attic Insulation and/or Venting in the Southwest
I'm looking for advice and ideas for improving energy efficiency in my house, especially heat from the roof and attic. I own an older house in Tucson, and we are trying to do what we can to...
32
32

Is Milwauke 5351 electric hammer for demolition only?
The question is about this Miwaukee electric hammer, model 5351. Can it be used for demolition purposes only, or can it also be used for concrete drilling? thanks i
2
2

Oil in sealed motor?
Greetings I have an undercut/jamb saw, which hasn't been used in years. The saw was used very little b/4 storing. I opened the case, and found oil inside the case. The saw wasn't stored flat,...
6
6

3.9kw - 5.1kw 20- 30V DC WIND GENERATOR TURBINE MOTOR ON SALE NOW!
will be gone quick. 10kw Wind Generator will be available soon, with autostart it acts like a Permanent Magnet Generator. High torque & adjustable torque to fit any wind power.
4
4

Old kItchen sink
The old sink has 4 faucet holes, each center 4" to the next center. So, a new 2-handle faucet with sprayer is a natural fit. Will any of the 1-handle (Delta-style) faucets with sprayer fit proper on...
3
3