Subject Author Posted Replies

Mitre Saw binds.
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:3b55df3c-5fb9-4442- Looks really good to me. Who needs a stinkin' miter saw?! :-) Come to recall, the first structure I built decades ago was a two car garage. I had no...
4
4

Sewer line replacement
Recent video inspection revealed that my 40 year old cast iron pipe under the concrete slab is deteriated to the point of needing total replacement. Some spots the bottom has reduced to nothing, some...
8
8

Dead Siemens bottom oven
Hi all, previously posted in uk.diy then found this more suitable group so apologies if you've seen this elsewhere. I have a Siemens HB91554GB/01 double electric oven, maybe 8/9 years old. The...
1
1

Possible deal at lowes
Just a heads up for anyone in the maket for XPS foam insulation. Was in Lowes (Akron, OH) yesterday and happened to notice they had 2" thick 4x8 sheets of XPS on clearance for $13.96. Their normal...

Upstairs too hot
The upstairs is almost always hotter than the downstairs during the summer. Noticeably hotter. If we get the upstairs comfortable, the downstairs is like an ice box. Any suggestions? The house is...
28
28

Is This Electrical Problem Dangerous?
Small, old fashioned basement refrigerator that requires periodic defrosting. The fridge has worked great for 25 yrs. but almost from the beginning, the light inside flickers and then goes out, or...
6
6

Happy Fathers Day
For all you guys out there, have a good one! I got Don a generator at last. It's not a super fancy sort, just a small one. 3,500 watt 6.5HP unit made by 'All Power'. Don's thinking of...
2
2

Rowenta steam iron stopped working
Rowenta steam iron, model DM870, not working at all. Light doesn't even turn on and I checked the power cord and it's fine. There's a circuit board under the handle cover and it looks to...
1
1

Attic Fan
About 25 years ago I installed a little t-stat controlled gable fan in my little MO bungalow attic. Maybe 12 years later, it was causing bad static on tv, radio in the room under the gable. So I...
12
12

OT Killing your wife
I was watching a BBC show called "Light Fantastic" Part of the show shows how Edison was trying to build a market for electricity. It showed many appliances such as the vacuum cleaner, kitchen mixer...
11
11

Any Electrician?
Anyone has contact of electrician who comes to the home to fix problem wif lighting? How much does he charge? Does the lighting shop at next door do house service? -- betty perez
9
9

generator transfer switch
Last year we bought a generator. We did not get a transfer switch but did talk about it in estimated costs ... so this year when I started asking about buying one and getting it installed, the price...
24
24

OT RANT: Woodchuck Plague Even Worse Than Usual
The east side property line is a paradise for woodchucks -- which are called groundhogs here -- because it is defined by a line of about 50 mulberry and black cherry trees. There's also a barbed...
23
23

Steel Beam Prices
Anyone have a rough idea on what a W5x19 17 feet (KSI 50) beam might cost per foot or total price. I'd be buying 2. Just received my plan in the mail and everyone's closed. I'm in northern...
11
11

Shower Touch-up
Background: My shower enclosure was installed new 29 years ago. It works fine. There are two soap dishes/holders/shelves molded into it, one on each corner. On the one that has received the most use...