Subject Author Posted Replies

Pool pump timers
My pool, like most of the pools I've seen, use an Intermatic mechanical timer to turn the pool pump on and off. It does not seem that there are any low cost digital timers available. Is there any...
6
6

Spiral nails pulling out of deck
There are 6 or 8 spiral nails on our deck that will not stay down. The boards are flat on the deck and do not appear to be cupped or warped. But, within about 3 months of driving the nails down, they...
12
12

Dewalt 12V battery and B&D 12v battery are interchangeable?
I have a DW 12v drill. I bought it at HD on a summer "special" and it was $99 comes with the drill, two battery packs and a 1 hour charger. Now two years later the batteries are about to die. One will...
4
4

How do I kill a mulberry bush/tree once and for all?
I have a mulberry under my deck. It's really getting out of control. I chop it off every year, but I know that's just a Band-Aid. Last year I cut it off, drilled deep holes in the stump, and...
21
21

Building a compost sifter
I am going to build a compost sifter. It will be a shallow box three feet long and two feet wide with wooden sides and a hardware cloth bottom. I bought two five foot long, five inch wide, redwood...
8
8

Qest PB fittings needed!
I don't see Copper barbs but many others for PB pipe..Check out Catalog page 192 in particular or Call/Email Naughtons. They've never NOT had whatever I'm looking for.
1
1

how to put a new PVC fitting after using a socket saver
When was the last time you saw something go wrong on "This Old House", or any other DIY show? It seems everything goes right on those shows. They never show when something does not go as planned.
3
3

Mitre Saw binds.
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in news:3b55df3c-5fb9-4442- Looks really good to me. Who needs a stinkin' miter saw?! :-) Come to recall, the first structure I built decades ago was a two car garage. I had no...
4
4

Sewer line replacement
Recent video inspection revealed that my 40 year old cast iron pipe under the concrete slab is deteriated to the point of needing total replacement. Some spots the bottom has reduced to nothing, some...
8
8

Dead Siemens bottom oven
Hi all, previously posted in uk.diy then found this more suitable group so apologies if you've seen this elsewhere. I have a Siemens HB91554GB/01 double electric oven, maybe 8/9 years old. The...
1
1

Possible deal at lowes
Just a heads up for anyone in the maket for XPS foam insulation. Was in Lowes (Akron, OH) yesterday and happened to notice they had 2" thick 4x8 sheets of XPS on clearance for $13.96. Their normal...

Upstairs too hot
The upstairs is almost always hotter than the downstairs during the summer. Noticeably hotter. If we get the upstairs comfortable, the downstairs is like an ice box. Any suggestions? The house is...
28
28

Is This Electrical Problem Dangerous?
Small, old fashioned basement refrigerator that requires periodic defrosting. The fridge has worked great for 25 yrs. but almost from the beginning, the light inside flickers and then goes out, or...
6
6

Happy Fathers Day
For all you guys out there, have a good one! I got Don a generator at last. It's not a super fancy sort, just a small one. 3,500 watt 6.5HP unit made by 'All Power'. Don's thinking of...
2
2

Rowenta steam iron stopped working
Rowenta steam iron, model DM870, not working at all. Light doesn't even turn on and I checked the power cord and it's fine. There's a circuit board under the handle cover and it looks to...
1
1