Subject Author Posted Replies

Wanted: dead security camera
I need one of those security cameras that are bigger than a loaf of bread. Just as a deterrent to put on a road leading to private cabins. Got one? Wanna sell it? Reply, and I'll tell you how to...
14
14

Residential use of pvc conduit: wire colour, stranded vs solid thhn, other questions...
Hi, I'll be needing to wire a garage/workshop for lights and power, and I plan to do it all surface-mount since the walls are concrete block and even the ceiling is partly concrete slab and partly...
1
1

Pressure washers
I have just bought my fourth pressure washer in six years. The first was a Karcher and it was junk The last was from "Active Products" and it lasted one year, almost to the date but, of course, until...
9
9

Guide To Lubricating A Sticky Door Lock & Key
The two locks on my front door were becoming very difficult to operate and sometimes the key would become stuck inside the keyhole. I was ready to go buy new locks, but then I remembered how my...
1
1

Heat Pump ?s
I've done a fair bit of my own hvac work. I replaced a couple of gas furnaces and one split ac. I'm building a new garage with living space above it out at my lake house. I picked up a...
15
15

Coleman Powermate low voltage
Hello, Forgive me if this post is Off Topic, I cannot seem to find any sort of generator newsgroup, I posted this on alt.rv but I have not had any responses... I have a Coleman Powermate 1850...
35
35

Mitsubishi vs Fujitsu ductless
Awl -- Anyone have experience with these brands, first or second hand? Both are good, afaict, just wondering what I might should watch out for. I am having estimates done for two rooms (two separate...

Missing triple track storm windows and screens
A couple of the (many) windows in our house are missing either the screen or the storm in the triple track attached storm windows. The triple tracks are old and eventually need to be replaced so I...
3
3

refrigerator: compressor noise
A couple of months ago, we bought a Whirlpool top-freezer 'fridge. Recently, it's developed a vibration noise, when the compressor is running. It's not OMG-loud or anything, but it's...
2
2

How to check or fix leak in concrete drain pipe?
We have a 6" concrete drain pipe running 10 feet along a flat section and then 25 feet down a hillside to the lower part of the back yard. Near where it starts there is an access hole T. About 10 feet...
1
1

Easywater Soft Water Unit
Has anyone purchased the subject water conditioner? It does not use salt, easy to install, and only costs $12 a year to run. The list goes on. On their website, it sounds like something to separate...
3
3

Need suggestions for bench finish
I have an outside bench that needs refinishing. It is made from redwood 2x3s with 1x2 spacers between each 2x3 over brick pedsetals. Outer edges are covered with 1x5s to hide anchoring to the...
8
8

Two questions about closed cell foam inuslation
I've heard about all the advantages, but: 1. Could it be so heavy that it jeopardizes the stability of the roof in a roofline application? 2. The gas that it traps inside - I'm sure it slowly...
6
6

Roof sagging
When the house was built a couple of the engineered trussses were cut to allow for a chimney. After 34 years a couple of the Z braces on two trusses started buckling and the roof above them has a...
4
4

funny plumbing story
Working at a recently acquired rental house today. I already knew it was going to need a replumb due to restricted galvanized iron pipes. I had hooked up the pressure washer, to the outside hydrant,...