16 x 16 slates at HD $3

Coming in from India. Fairly low quality, but the pricing seemed right.

Anyone care to say what they would normally pay for a 16x16 natural slate tile?

I bought a couple of boxes, just maybe to use them as stepping stones or something. Not sure exactly what I was going to do with them, but figured that it was cheap enough.

So, that would be $15 a box of 5.

Just an FYI post, I do this once a year, at least.

Reply to
ng_reader

Well, stuff for garage/estate sales has to come from somewhere, I guess. Something that heavy, if you never use it up, is unlikely to get moved, by you or your heirs.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

About how thick are they? I bought cement pavers for flagstones and then decided they were too thick, if I had to dig the hole for them.

Reply to
mm

I would have to say nominal 1/2", but they vary, unfortunately. They had the description of "earth gouged" on some of them.

I think they will make nice stepping stones, even if I never do my shower stall with them.

Reply to
ng_reader

That's a lot thinner than those pavers. Thanks. I may get some.

I had a friend who wanted a slate bathroom. I thought maybe we could just go out to Slatington, Pa. and gather scrap off the shoulder of the road, or out of stream beds, or at least buy the stuff someplace local and cheap, but it was going to be 100's of pounds I think, in my car, becasue he didn't have one, and he started getting more and more annoying. Now we don't even talk to each other. :)

Reply to
mm