Subject Author Posted Replies

Size of concrete mixer and water to add?
I'm a newbie to pouring larger quantities of concrete/mortar/cement. I have a batch I'll need to mix of 3 100 lb bags white portland cement and 5 100 lb bags of tiny pebbles. What is the...
12
12

pea gravel finish on side walk
I have a small sidewalk I am working on. The other sidewalks have the pea gravel & concrete look formed by washing off the concrete before it sets. How do I know and when is the right time to wash off...
5
5

OT (sorta' there's a repair involved, just not home) : Vintage Chevy truck parts
I seem to have lost all track of the old catalogs and google didn't raise anybody I recognized from the past.... '58 Chevy C60 (quite a lot bigger brother to a C10/20 but same cab style, etc.,...
3
3

inspection camera - for homeowner use
Re: the recent thread on inspection cameras. I have different but related question. I would like to be able to inspect my sewer line out to the street - probably 50 feet or so total distance. I have...
15
15

Basement wall insulation
In Portland Oregon. Before: House had large (high) crawlspace. Pony stud walls and foundation walls were insulated with foil backed 3 1/2" insulation. No insulation between floor joists. I assume it...
1
1

Whirlpool R O Filtration Battery Replacement
I have misplaced the manual for my Wher25 R O filtration system. I now have an amber blinking light on the faucet which I think means the battery is low. Am I correct or does it mean the filters need...
1
1

Element for Convection Toaster Oven
Have a Bravetti Toaster Convection Rotesserie Oven (I know - too many things in one) here with one dead element out of five. The usual appliance parts places cannot source a replacement element for...
8
8

Outlets went out but no breaker is tripped
I have some outlets and a light switch that have stopped working in one room. None of the breakers are tripped. All I can think of is to shut off and then back on one breaker at a time to isolate...
29
29

lubricating (deadbolt) lock?
We've had trouble with a couple of deadbolts getting hard to operate. I've fixed this by taking the lock apart, and squirting graphite into the 'slider' mechanism. This works, but the...
6
6

noisy transformer
i had my transformer in my heil furnace replaced last winter and the new one hums rather loudly...is that a sign of a problem?also, does that mean that the transformer is using electricity even if the...
8
8

Identify clothes washer part?
Maytag LSE7800. The H & C supply lines go to the mixing valve and a single hose goes from there to the tub. But before it connects to the tub there inserted in the hose a plastic cube with some kind...
20
20

Correct Leveler/Filler for Vinyl Tile?
I plan to lay new 12" self-stick vinyl tile over the 50 year old 9" vinyl tiles in my kitchen. As you might imagine, the old tiles have accumulated a few deep cuts, gouges and small holes, probably...
2
2

Jumper packs for cars (yeah, off topic, I know....)
Jump packs are limited in the ammount of power, like nicads. But they are seriously convenient. Most of them have an AC plug, so you can charge them off the 110 VAC power at home. Many have a "car...
4
4

Grass keeps clogging chute on Snapper 21" pusher
Have an old 21" Snapper pusher. For the first time in several years I've decided to start bagging the grass instead of mulching it. Problem is, I'm now finding that the grass clogs the chute...
30
30

Source for 4-conductor antenna rotator cable?
Subject says it all, almost. Checked the local Borgs- they don't even carry twinlead any more, much less 4-conductor outdoor-rated ribbon cable. One place had crappy rather overpriced 3-conductor...
10
10