Subject Author Posted Replies

Thinking of using airvent/airduct/furance cleaners.
I was wondering if anyone in here has used any of those outfits that clean your air vent/air duct cleaners who brings a big truck with a pop up roof? I've been calling around for estimates and...
8
8

brand of self-leveling compound?
Anyone here have a favorite? This is for a small job, getting a concrete floor level (maximum out is about 1/4"). I'm hoping to find one I just pour down and wait for it to do all the work (I have...
1
1

Suggestions for alternative well water treatment?
Living in east central CT I have both a deep well and a septic system. Many decades ago I had my water analyzed which showed considerable levels of iron in it. As a result I had installed an "exchange...
21
21

cover treated lumber with tar?
going to use 10 treated 4x6 posts as foundation for 10x12 shed.....guy at menards sugested coating with tar to extend life. sounded like good idea to me...also building inspector guy advised me not to...
17
17

is Behr decking stain ok?
I need to reseal our south facing PT-wood deck, which gets ALL the weather and has to be redone every two years. It has been sealed twice already with Cabot's, and I'm debating whether to use...
5
5

Ceiling speakers in a bathroom?
Hi, If I would like to put ceiling speakers in my bathroom, but about 3 feet away from the shower - should I worry about wetness or any ceiling speakers will do? Many thanks in advance, Aaron Fude
10
10

Fan recommendation
I need to replace a good quality fan that has served us well for many years. I want to get a fan that: Moves a lot of air Will last a long time Is reasonably quiet for the work it does Lowest...
8
8

Relocating a 10' x 12" shed
Of course, when the shed was built the location that it is in made perfect sense. Now, my wife and I are comtemplating some structural changes to our house and the addition would take advantage of the...
45
45

doggie door
I have gotten some very good advice on this group, and I thank them for it. I do have a favor to ask. My wife wants me to put in a doggie door from the living area to the outside, not just from the...
34
34

Question on simple furnace duct installation
I'm going to be installing about 20 feet of new 6" ducts between 2"x12" floor joists spaced 8" apart. It occurs to me that if I install the ducts one by one between the joists, I'm not going...
1
1

Garage Door opener Jerks !
Our Garage Door opener Jerks when it opens and closes. Its like the opener does not make an effort to open easily or slowly, its like it just dropped the clutch. does not matter if its up and closing...
21
21

self-defrosting refridgerator freezing up ?
my self-defrosting (Fridgedair - upright and side by side) fridge is freezing up on a weekly cycle. If i defrost the **cooling coils** in the freezer manually on Monday the coils are frozen/frosted up...
13
13

Kitchen cabinet - Stain cheap wood
I live on a tight budget. The kitchen cabinets are old, rotten and I'm about to have a set of cabinet built by my amateur brother. He said he can do it. I like the cabinet to be stained, perhaps...
7
7

Fixing an Abandoned, but New Mower
OK, the mower. The neighbor across the street moved and left his mower with other neighbor across the street. It's a nice walk behind mower with multiple walking speeds. Neighbor offered the mower...
23
23

Poulan Pro lawn mower
I regret nor having checked here first, but I bought a Poulan Pro lawn mower and am returning it. It is the sorriest mower that I have experience in over 50 years of mowing my lawn. Problem involving...
2
2