Subject Author Posted Replies

Timers to go with the breaker box or fuse box.
I'm looking to get some timers that will go right on my breaker box or fuse box, or next to it, as simple an installation as possible, that will put a timer on a circuit, so as to turn the entire...
7
7

Relocating Plumbing Drains in Slab (sink/tub/etc)?????????
We are looking at doing some remodeling on our west central Florida home and have a big question about the plans. The home was built in the early 1980's and it's a block home on a concrete...
3
3

Setting a programmable thermostat
Is the "cool setpoint" the temperature when the air-conditioner goes on? Is the "heat setpoint" the temperature when the heater goes on? Should the "cool setpoint" temperature be higher than the "heat...
14
14

Comic for the group
Saw this, and had to share it.... aem sends... http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=41d67c6d66a13ee12d92223911305bfc&w=900.0 http://imgsrv.gocomics.com/dim/?fh=41d67c6d66a13ee12d92223911305bfc
8
8

10 Things your contractor won't tell you
News article: favorite anecdote: When asked why it was taking so long to install a garbage disposal, the worker replied: "When they showed me this morning at Home Depot, I thought I understood."...
13
13

Clean Metal Marks off a Porcelain Toilet
I think this was a posted Q many moons ago. For reference & FWIW. Getting metal marks on your porcelain toilet can make it look unkempt and old instead of shiny and clean. Metal marks can come from a...

Minimum shower area requirements
Hi, I am renovating a bathroom for a new house I'm moving in to. This bathroom has a very small shower, approximately 33x32. Doing the renovation, we are planning on redoing the shower, putting in...
8
8

Eagle Scout project complete
My son A.J. finished his Eagle Scout project today: construction and installation of the Stations of the Cross on the grounds of Cardinal Ritter High School (his alma mater) and St. Michael's...

Driveway sealing... again?
I sealed the 10+year old asphalt driveway on the house I bought last year for what looked to be the first time in its history. I used two coats of Latexite from the HomeDepot. I followed product...
1
1

Eagle Scout project complete!
My son A.J. finished his Eagle Scout project today: construction and installation of the Stations of the Cross on the grounds of Cardinal Ritter High School (his alma mater) and St. Michael's...
66
66

Scratches in new galvalume roof
I had a new steel roof put on about a month ago. There were a few scratches in the metal, which now have a white crust (zinc oxide?). The contractor is contacting the supplier about it, but I thought...
2
2

Question -- Motion Sensor Light
I'm sorry to bother y'all with this question, but in searching past postings, I found some that were close, but not quite what I need to know. I recently installed a new Brinks security light...
6
6

wall anchor repair/replace help
In the bath, we put up one of those double-tier towel racks and, of course, it's 30" long which means I can only anchor one end in a stud...the other end had to go into drywall. Rather than use...
13
13

Self-Cleaning Oven Power Needs
I am getting ready to purchase a gas oven that is self-cleaning for my 1960's era house. The specs say I need a 15amp circuit for the self-cleaning. There is power to the current unit because it...
5
5

maytag wont spin or pump water out
------------------------------------- My Maytag top loader just stopped spinning or draining. It does fill though. I listened to the lid switch and I do hear a metal clicking sound that indicates an...
6
6