Subject Author Posted Replies

Gluing aluminum to glass
Got a question regarding an upcoming repair job: how to adhere an aluminum strip to glass. Client has a glass shower that had a metal channel attached to the bottom of the door (glass) that had come...
49
49

Please help. drywall dust damage
Our basement flooded in January and we had to replace the sheet rock. There was also an area of popcorn ceiling at the entry into the basement. We hired some one to resheet rock and remove popcorn...
18
18

CF wierdness, glowing flickering turned off
Came home tonight to find my CF bulb on my exterior door light flickering and barely glowing. Assumed the new bulb was bad till I got inside to turn off the switch and found it already off. I guess I...
15
15

HF Oscillating Multi-Function Tool
Actually got to use it today for a classic rot application - replace bottom couple of feet of brick molding at garage. Personally, I'd just replace the entire length but it was for someone...
17
17

Circuit breakers and breaker box
I had a electrician install a new breaker box on the outside of my house where the old one was. The install was done Friday and yesterday, Sunday (house is vacant) I found the main breaker tripped and...
31
31

John Deere Mower
I have had a JD ride on mower for a year now (LA165 I believe) and find that every time I go to start it, the battery is dead or nearly dead. Surely, this is not normal. Any idea what the problem...
14
14

Best way to get spots out of a carpet?
Best way to get spots out of a tan carpet? From experience please. TIA Lou
30
30

pool sandfilter
Hi All I have just move into a new home with a inground pool, although I know how to clean the pool I need some help with the situation I'm in, the pool was put in at least 8 months ago and when I...
2
2

Drywall gap?
All my life I have managed to avoid doing anything with drywall. Now I need to hang a dozen or so sheets on some walls. I seem to recall reading or hearing that a small gap should be left between...
9
9

Insulating effect of carpet vs linoleum.
I an getting near the point of having to decide what type of flooring to install on the concrete slab in my basement addition. Ignoring for the moment other considerations such as durability, I'm...
12
12

adjust motion sensor light...
presently, my motion sensor security light will go on (detect movement and switch on) both during the day and the night. I would like to know how to adjust it so that it will go on only from dusk to...
3
3

Exterior light with separate photocell & motion detection control
We have an old exterior spot wired to a 3-way switch with the following resulting functions: Off Photocell only Photocell & motion The old spot has bit the dust but all the new ones I have seen are...
6
6

Thermal Expansion tank for water heater - is it necessary?
I was just reading an article about the "importance" of a thermal expansion tank to extend the lifetime of water heaters, T&P release valves, hot water fixtures, etc. On the other hand, we have never...
24
24

Can one buy drawers
Hi, I would like to buy an armoire and install drawers in it. Is it possible to buy some basic drawers somewhere? I checked HD and Lowe's and they have drawer slides, but I didn't find any...
10
10

Timers to go with the breaker box or fuse box.
I'm looking to get some timers that will go right on my breaker box or fuse box, or next to it, as simple an installation as possible, that will put a timer on a circuit, so as to turn the entire...
7
7