Subject Author Posted Replies

Dremel replacement
I have had this Harbor Freight version of a Dremel tool for the past 8 years and for the $10 I paid for it I think that I got pretty good use for my money. Well, the chuck lock hole has...
10
10

Can't keep faucet aerator from leaking. What's the secret?
Hi all: I've got a Price Pfister kitchen faucet and the chrome screw-on aerator set up has always been something of a problem. Each time I'd remove it for cleaning there would be a very slight...
15
15

Tongue and Groove stuck it tongue out at me.
A Tongue and Groove board stuck it tongue out at me. What should I do?
3
3

Why do you pay for a telephone?
I have never understood why people pay for telephone service. All you do is pay a large monthly bill so debt collectors can call and annoy you by asking for money, and others to call and sell you...
46
46

AC smell
How can I clean a window AC unit that truly stinks? I am a smoker and over time I think that has contributed. It is in my kitchen so it gets the cooking odors also. It is a small 8,000 BTU unit. The...
11
11

Looking for a Folding Plastic Work Table
See Subject. I bought one of these about 4-5 years ago. I think from Lowes. I've never found another like it. $35 or so. I leave it outdoors most of the time, and it's still in pretty decent...

clean asphalt?
I have a new asphalt driveway and, dumb me, I dropped a small bag of concrete mix (sakrete) on it. The bag burst. After I cleaned up the small mess, I see that it left a whitish area which really...
8
8

Small Inexpensive PEX Crimper for DIYers
I caught this on a news group for RVers. I thought people here might be interested. As I am building a new house with PEX, I will probably buy one for my 1st modification requirement, probably a sink...
7
7

Juno vs Halo
What brand is better and why? Or should I consider a different brand altogether?
3
3

whole house dehumidifier
Hi, I hate to run the cooling feature of my A/C when the problem is the humidity and not the temperature. Is there such a thing as a humidifier that gets hooked into your A/C system and removes the...
9
9

Mixing small amounts of 2-cycle fuel
All the gasoline here, regardless of grade, is E-10 gasahol. It doesn't last as long in storage as 100% gasoline. So for 2-cycle fuel (which I don't use a lot of) I've started using a...
47
47

What would you do?
I just bought a very small trailer to use behind my ATV for farm use. Low speed. It has 4.00/4.80-8 tires on it. They are a little dryrotted. Would you get some tubes and put them in there, or just...
38
38

new drywall on walls but use existing ceiling?
Some previous owner glued thin wood strips to the bathroom walls with an adhesive. This has been falling off for years. I want to replace it with clean painted walls. I have been trying to remove the...
7
7

halp! need to fix paint sprayer sometime in the next century
HI, w have a paint sprayer that doesn't work it's a wagner, Don't seem to see the model number because it's covered with years of paint. Will figure that out later. Can somebody...
2
2

Mower Excessive Grass Buildup under Deck
Anyone found a way to keep grass from building up on under the deck of lawnmowers. I have a Ferris 48" Zero Turn and the grass builds up so thick after one or two mowing, that it will not cut. I am...
23
23