Subject Author Posted Replies

Toilet Tank Leaking Around Bolt
Ever since I installed a Universal-Rundle tall commode 10 years ago, I've had a recurring problem with a very small leak around the right mounting bolt which securs the tank to the bowl. I've...
12
12

Big project
I am on a committee to build a park. We want to put a gazebo in the park w/ an area to have a stove that is lockable and a place to put mowers and such in the back. Any suggestions on where to look...
4
4

Make kitchen island larger?
The island in my kitchen is kind of small. There is not enough flat space to put a pot or pan next to the stove. Can I replace the top of the island and make it a few inches larger in all direction,...
1
1

porcelain sink scratch repair?
My porcelain kitchen sink has many scratches that has a tendency to grow mildew. I believe these scratches, because they are hard to clean, tend to hide food and other stuff that encourages mildew...

Showerhead drips off and on occasionally during the night
4 year old american standard shower *single handle" faucet with shower head in shower stall. The dang thing out of the blue just starts dripping in the middle of the night for a short blast and then...
6
6

OT - Impact wrench ideas
Just bought a small compressor at Harbor Freight, for inflating tires, etc. Also wish to run an impact wrench for occasional car repairs. I did some internet research. On the HF web site, Some of them...
27
27

OT: The Supreme Court and Wal-Mart
Each summer, Clarence Thomas and his wife tour the country in their RV. "One of the favorite places for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and wife Ginni to grab some sleep is in a Wal-Mart parking...
2
2

Using air exchanger pipes for air conditioner flow?
I did put an window air conditioner to blow cold air trough the air exchanger pipes. The air exchanger fan push the cold air upstairs. This seams to be OK since I am able to adjust cold air flow on...

Sewer blockage.
Yesterday we had to free the approx 100 foot main sewer pipe out to the connection to the municipal sewer in the street. Our connecting pipe is four inch inside diameter plastic. It is about 8 feet...
8
8

Rat wall questions
Well I have forms up and 3 yards of sand coming tomorrow. The person I talked to at ready-mix plant told me to put down a minimum 3" of sand. so now my I am hearing that I need a rat wall......my...

What wire for this unit
Hi, I hope the experts in this group don't feel like I'm asking them to do what I can do myself. I own this unit: controls the A/C only, not heating. I need to figure out what wire to run to...
12
12

Best Dehumidifier?
My Kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier croaked again today after I had it repaired in the spring of '08. Can anyone recommend a model or brand with which they've had good luck, or at least excellent...
6
6

In ground water pipe?
Thinking about plumbing a water pipe from the entry source into the house to my irrigation control station so as to eliminate water flow noise emanating from my attic copper plumbing when the...
21
21

Need advice on purchasing a home with no basement
Is it a good idea to purchse a home with NO basement ? The reason i ask is because it needs a new Kitchen & i am wondering how would i go about relocating the Electric line for the Range & to move the...
31
31

Tankless water heater vent sizes and configurations
I plan to purchase a tankless water heater to replace a failing water tank. The current vent is a 6" diameter vent pipe. I need a 7.4 GPM unit (4 bathroom house with 3 showers) and considering a Rheem...
21
21