Subject Author Posted Replies

Mullion for Pella ThermaStar window
I should have posted this earlier but forgot about it. If your local Lowes has a bunch of discontinued stuff on sale they may have these mullion kits. Item #92957 72" Mull kit 20,25 series This...
2
2

Glass topped 'stove'.
No details until tonight, when will be able to view a free stove with a cracked top. Gather at this point it's a complete glass topped stove with oven; but it may turn out to be a separate...
9
9

Prevent Plumbing Escutcheons From Rusting
Are there any tricks to preventing the $3 plumbing pipe escutcheons from the BORG from rusting after 2 months? There is nothing more annoying than doing a nice paint job on a bathroom, only to have...
10
10

Toad stools
I always used a bagger on my lawn to avoid thatch problems. The turf was good but a little sparce. I replaced my mower this spring and now no longer have a bagger. The turf is somewhat thicker but...
11
11

wood fence post preservative
for home made fence post preservative should proportion be 2 pts diesel fuel :1 pt motor oil or the reverse of this
13
13

Moen kitchen faucet
What is the best thing to use to lubricate the up and down sliding mechanism on these units.
12
12

Perpetual motion - free energy
Amazing what one can find on the web: "A Zero point magnetic power generator is basically a Free Energy Generator. It uses magnets, and magnetic force to induce perpetual motion. It runs by itself,...
31
31

Rhino shelter solar heating
I have one of those gray Rhino shelters that get very hot inside when the sun is out. I thought of putting another one right next to the house and piping the hot air into the house and cooler house...
15
15

OT - cell phone advice
My parents are still able to drive, go shopping, eat out, and so on. But, there have been a couple moments when the car broke down. Or, one was out, and the other didn't know why it was taking so...
75
75

Toaster Oven Repair Question
I need to replace the thermal fuse in my toaster oven. I know that when I took the oven apart the gear for the thermostat moved and I assume it will take some trial and error to get it positioned...

How to Attach Drop-In Sink
I am tiling a vanity countertop, and have a drop-in china sink. The instructions say to set it with "sealant" which I assume means caulk. Do I need anything else, such as adhesive, or are the plumbing...
10
10

Ridiculous FHA rules
We are selling a house to a buyer using an FHA mortgage. There is a rule, because of lead paint, that any house built before 1978 cannot have any "peeling, checking or flaking paint". The property has...
86
86

Hear water meter 'clicking' throughout the pipes when in-ground sprinkler running
When our in-ground sprinkler is running outside, I can hear the water meter 'clicking' through all the pipes -- including as far away as our 3rd floor bathroom. All the pipes are secured...
28
28

Just a heads up ; Lowes carrys a Water Mister which DOES work for spot evaporative cooling and other applications.
Had my car worked on at a local Auto Repair place, and they had a very long string of these Water Misting lines/nozzles spraying a very fine mist. The Supervisor said it reduces the temp in the work...
3
3

Brick Splitter
Do these brick splitters work? See links below. Going to install a clay brick patio. The pattern that the wife picked out I have a feeling that I will be cutting many bricks at the edge....
3
3