Subject Author Posted Replies

Staining my old desk
I stained my old desk with Home Depot's Minimax stain. It has been two days already and it's still a little damp. What did I do wrong? I thought the stain would dry out overnight. Is there...
11
11

Bathroom Cabinets
Hi. I was wondering if it is possible to stain my pine bathroom cabinets cherry. I would like to have a new look without tearing apart the bathroom and save some money in the process. Is it possible?...
4
4

New Help/Suggestion with my Shower Doors....
I am sorry if this message is a duplicate. I had a mishap while trying to send it the first time and don't know if it was sent. My shower doors each roll on 2 wheels from which they hang. The...
6
6

OT - Thunder Rod
I copied this for a friend. From another email I got. Yeah, it's OT, but it was too good not to share.
1
1

is it safe to dim a receptacle?
I have some lights in a rough space that are plug-in lights. To power them, last year I wired up a duplex receptacle high up by the ceiling. Power to that outlet is controlled by a single pole switch...
13
13

Open letter to the idiot engineer who designed part #: WB27K5344.
Do you realize that the button stops that you designed are pocking your electronic control board. That=92s like putting your brain in your elbows and knees where when ever you bend the wrong way you...
3
3

Insulate neutral bar from main panel?
Adding multiwire kitchen circuit, I see my neutral bar is already full- in fact overloaded, with two wires under some screws- this is incorrect, no? or ok, depending on wire guage? So, planning to add...
4
4

replacing electrical plugs
I bought an old condo after moved out from my parents' house. I would like to replace all almond-color electrical plugs with white plugs. The plug and the cover are pretty cheap at HD. I pulled...
30
30

Belgian Block Curbing, Any tips?
I'm going to get quotes on installing a few hundred feet of belgian block curb, most of it will be along an existing asphalt driveway. Location is NJ. Anyone that's had it done and has any...

Contoure Microwave Door Latch
------------------------------------- I have a Contoure Microwave that the door when closed will not open with the pushin lever. After I jiggle the door it opens. I have removed the enclosure and...
2
2

Questions about expanding foam insulation
I made a hole in the side of my house to install a dryer vent. I want to seal around it with the spray expanding foam insulation. Looking at the Great Stuff brand, I can either buy stuff that cures...
5
5

A frustrating bathtub problem
1. I have no access to the tub taps from the rear. Outside wall :( 2. The previous owner never purchased extra tile for spares when they tiled the entire bathroom - can't match them up. 3. The...
15
15

Is this mold?
Here are some pictures: first are of the access point for the plumbing for the second floor (it's a 2 story complex) The wood has a lot of white and black stuff all over it. Then when the window...
3
3

JD Lawn Tractor Starter Problems
I've got a four year old John Deere L110 lawn tractor with the original battery still in it. It's been on a battery tender ever since it was new. The problem I've got dates back to when I...
11
11

Is this mold or what?