Subject Author Posted Replies

Haier HD305 Dehumidifier Problem ... Will not drain from hose
Hello, I have a Haier HD305 Dehumidifier that was working for the past couple of years. For some reason, it no longer drains from the attached hose. Instead, it fills up the bucket with water, meaning...
7
7

Absolute best mildew remover for bathrooms?
I've got black mildew stains on the grout and a couple other places in my bathroom over the bathtub. Tilex isn't removing them. Is there something better I can use? Is X-14 really better than...
5
5

messed up kitchen table
After canning some tomatoes my wife put the hot jars on a thin towel on ur kitchen table. It is wood and looks to be finisned in a light oak color. Where each of the jars were there is a white spot...
8
8

Installing a new Gas Water Heater
I have a leak in my old Gas Water Heater. I am confused because the heater is empty & was wondering why there is no water constantly running into the Heater. Is it safe to use a flex line instead of...
12
12

C/H addatives/concentrate
I have a wood burning stove with back boiler. Its quite difficult to access the loft/feeder tank, so I would like to use the Screwfix Concentrate(No nonences) additive. This comes in a sealant like...

PorterCable compressor models
Does anybody know the difference (if any) between a C2002, C2005, and C2006 "pancake" air compressor? They all look the same online, except the C2006 might not have a carry handle. The specs all look...

Garden Tractor Engine Problem
I have a 15 Hp Simplicity garden tractor with a Kohler engine. This machine is about 13 years old and I have had it since it was new. I went out to mow the grass this weekend and the engine died on me...
23
23

40 year old Western Holly Stove - lift top
I need to release the top of the stove to have access to the pilot gas feed lines. Is there a lever or catch that must be moved to release the top metal so it can be raised to see the gas pilot feed...
1
1

Lift to of stove -Western Holly -40 years old
Is there a 'latch or lever' than needs to be moved to release and rotate to vertical position, the top of stove so I can change the broiler pilot gas line? Thanks, Dave_s

Expansion water tank
I installed an expansion water tank when GE stated the warranty on the water heater is void without one. So, I charge the tank to 40psi as stated and installed it fairly easily. I'm on city water...
11
11

Concrete question
Plan to pour concrete slab and build on top of slab...One row of concrete blocks. The question I have - will mortar anchor blocks to concrete? or should I put some anchors to tie blocks to concrete?...
10
10

best insulation for PVC drain in exterior wall?
I'm doing some siding repair right now and just pulled the lower 20" of siding off of a wall. One of the things just behind it is a PVC drain pipe someone ran inside the wall. This drain has...
5
5

Broiler flame stops-Western Holly Stove-40 years
I need help to decide what components can cause the broiler flames to turn off after running for 10- to 15 minutes. Which components are possibly bad is my question? Robert Shaw thermostat Pilot's...
2
2

Frig repair or buy a new one?
Amana refrig only 4 yrs old and the compressor is slowly dying. The overload/relay is buzzing every 10 min and the temp is slowly rising inside. I replaced the overload/relay and this didn't help...
21
21

bathtub repair
Looking for info on repairing my bathtub acne. My house was built in 2002. It has a single piece bathtub with wall surrounding it. I think the tub and surrounding walls are fiberglass but I am not...
3
3