Subject Author Posted Replies

Carpet cleaning tips?
My light beige carpet is 6 years old and is showing shades of gray in foot trafficked areas. My tenants did a shampoo cleaning, but I think I need to do some heavier treatment. Any suggestions for...
6
6

2 black wires but no white wire (photocell-controlled fixture)
I have a condo porch light that's controlled by a master photocell on the outside wall which also turns on other exterior lights at night. You can turn the porch light on/off from inside the condo...
8
8

Granite + pebbles path
Hi, Here's the look I want: I would like granite in place of slate. Does granite come in that shape? Or can I cut it to that shape on a wet saw. Anyway, how would I go about achieving this look...
9
9

Diamond disks
MY front entry has a white granite slab about 6 feet long and some one area I guess a vein of differnt color causes a black like streak. I thing I need a diamond disk for my drill. What would you...
3
3

Does electric box have to be right next to fixture?
Does electric box have to be right next to fixture? The first electrician (provided by the HOA) who installed a floodlight on my wall didn't use any electric box, afaicr. He just screwed the...
7
7

Some floodlights have shields around the bulbs now.
Some outdoor floodlights have shields around the bulbs now. Is that so that when they are on, and hot, and it rains on them, they won't crack? That's what I figure, but if so, why did it take...
7
7

A tile grouting question
Hi all: I assume that the ideal situation when grouting tile is to finish the job in one shot in order to have a more-or-less monolithic "structure" of grout, that is the grout is well-bonded to...
3
3

Can i ask here ?
Did'nt know where to post this,so i'm asking here. I have Verizon & there discontinue News readers. Is there a good free newsreader you can suggest ?
27
27

HVAC rust
My HVAC unit already beginning to develop rust underneath the compressor after only 5 years. Its just a little but it is the first sign. What is the best way to treat this. JImmie
5
5

Does this price seem high
Ac unit on the roof stopped working at a rental house. Called an AC company to go look and fix. $74 flat charge to show up and diagnose - that seemed in line. So they call me back and say the...
37
37

just wondering
As I was driving home tonight, I drove past a house under construction. They were at the stage of having the basement poured, the floor joists strung, and the main floor plywood down. It does not rain...
24
24

"Wonder putty" for window repair: epoxy?
Don't mind that name--that's just what I'm calling the stuff. The stuff being what a guy would want to use to fix a rotted window frame. I've seen this stuff, both on the tube and in...
8
8

Synthetic oil and follow-up oil changes?
I went to the Jiffy Lube this weekend and thought I'd splurge and put in some Castrol Syntec as they were having a sale on it, (vehicle 2007 Toyota RAV4). When I asked for the Syntec the guy said...
30
30

How to Repair Gaps in Entrance Step?
I have a small step right outside of the side entrance of my house. Its top side is constructed with a flat square-shaped concrete in the center, and pieces of stone in three sides of the concrete...
2
2

Installing bead board over laminate
Hello ... We've recently replaced our counter tops and want to refresh our backsplash with bead board . We currently have plastic laminate now, which being 25 years old completely shows its age in...
1
1