Subject Author Posted Replies

21 Things a Burglar Won't Tell You
13 Things a Burglar Won't Tell You Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator. 2. Hey, thanks for...
111
111

Knockdown (Skip Trowel) Texture -- how to??
Knockdown (Skip Trowel) Texture as seen here: do I do this just for a small patch (2' x 2')? I don't have a mud sprayer. Any tricks to do this?
12
12

PC-Woody window repair
Continued from our last episode where I was standing around scratching my head trying to figure out what to use to fill the rotted corner of that window sash. Just finished filling it with PC-Woody. I...
11
11

Annoying Septic Tank Riser
Evening Septic Experts! It=92s the perfect late summer evening, and I am sitting out on my deck looking at my beautiful yard=85all except the for the septic tank riser that is sticking out 24 inches...
6
6

Small garage door
I'm in the process of designing a shed for the back yard and while talking to my neighbor he suggested that an overhead door might be the way to go. The shed is going to be 12x12 and I was...
4
4

Kenmore dishwasher
All of a sudden, my dishwasher has become very loud. Obviously something wrong with the pump, motor assembly (one or the other or both). I would like to take a look down into the assembly from the...
2
2

Broken Window Seal
I have a broken window seal, and the area is on the inside of my window. It is a thermo pane, double sided window. Can I patch this and if so, how would I do this? Is my best option to get a a new...
9
9

mower won't turn over
my 42" MTD mower with a 17hp. motor won't turn over..new starter, new battery. when i turn the key it seems like the battery doesnt have enough 'umph' to get the motor spinning...i have...
26
26

Craftsman Weedwacker 172.74533
Fan (which holds spool) fell off motor shaft. Need to know what attaches it to shaft? Have spoken to about 20 people (Sears, etc) with 14 telephone numbers, plus local Sears store and unable to tell...
1
1

Replace fill valve in toilet tank, simple fix right?
I bought the replacement valve but noticed the turn-off valves at the toilet were corroded and if I tried muscling them off might flood the bathroom. So, go out and turn off the house water. Problem...
7
7

When a fan fails, would it overheat?
I'm using a $20 household fan 24/7 to ventilate a damp crawl space by sealing it against one of the crawl space vent (i.e. becomes an exhaust fan). Eventually this fan is going to fail, perhaps...
13
13

Selling an Old New Chain Saw?
I'm in an interesting position of trying to sell a 10 year old Husqvarna chain saw that's never been used. As the seller, I would contend that a 25% reduction in the original price, which has...
33
33

Broadcast lawn spreader
My $40 Scotts broadcast spreader is going to the trash heap, never again will buy a Scotts product. This spreader is literally falling apart and I have kept good care of it. I'm looking for a new...
7
7

Refrigerator not Cooling Intermittently
I have a Maytag MTF2455DRW refrigerator that's a bit over 10 years old. Twice in the past six months it suddenly decided that it wasn't going to cool very much, even though the compressor and...
3
3

Ground wasp nests
Hi, I have discovered a ground wasp(?) nest near my house. So I went to HD and got a spray can, but when I read the instructions it seemed to deal with nests in trees. The instructions say to...
12
12