Subject Author Posted Replies

Homelite trimmer question
I have a Homelite trimmer. The little bulb is shot from age. I pulled the carb, and cleaned, and replaced, and it runs fine if you keep pumping the bulb. It has a small hole in it. Does one have to go...
15
15

Velcro as strong as steel!
Because it's MADE out of steel - with a holding force of 38 tons per sq meter. proposed use is to hold cars together, which would make replacing a damaged quarter-panel pretty easy.
9
9

Ever built anything with Kee Lite Klamps?
see link Kee Lite aluminum handrail fittings are structural pipe fittings that are in stock and ready to ship. Buy online from our selection of Kee Lite pipe fittings.
7
7

FA or FS
Why is the abbrev for For Sale written as FA?
1
1

Building a deck, stain now or later?
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I'm having a deck built by a contractor that I don't completely trust. So when he gives me advice that seems out of the ordinary, I tend to question it....
13
13

Anyone own ALUMINUM scaffold?
I cant move heavy weights around well do to back injury Yet I need some scaffolding for around house Anyone own aluminum scaffolding and can tell me how they like it?
4
4

Where can I buy this broad spectrum fungicide (Abound, Amistar, Bankit, Heritage, and Quadris) ?
I'm wondering if there is a home-owner or over-the-counter source for a fungicide with the active ingredient azoxystrobin. Azoxystrobin is a broad spectrum preventive and curative systemic...
2
2

Wiring Garage/shop
As you know I am working on wiring a detached garage/shop. I am a newbie. I have attached a link to my work thus far. I am having a little trouble figuring out how to route everything. Any helpful...
25
25

Building a deck, Q about top railing
I'm having my deck rebuilt by what I thought was a professional, but we're on day 2 and I'm having my doubts on his competence. I've already had to make him fix 3 rather large errors,...
13
13

adding a shutoff valve
I want to add a shutoff valve to an existing 3/4 inch copper water line, using solder fittings. If I cut into the line and create a space large enough for the valve, will there be enough flex in the...
7
7

Wet Bathroom Wall
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I didn't see it with a quick search-- if you'll forgive a noob-- I've got a wet bathroom wall, tiled surround, outside wall. I've pulled...
12
12

FA-Machinist's Workshop Magazines - 8 years of them
August 2000 through January 2009, all issues in excellent condition. See my ad on ebay at: http://tinyurl.com/np23vj

Anybody roll form fascia trim here ?
I have a twenty year old house I built with matching soffit, fascia and guttering until about a year ago, when a tree limb knocked off and destroyed a piece of fascia trim. All efforts has proved...
8
8

Loose outdoor faucet. How to fix?
I'm back with yet another problem. I have a crappy house with cardboard (Masonite) siding and plastic pipes. The outdoor faucet is loose and I'm clueless how to fix it. I don't feel like...
6
6

Lawnmower; Putting Away For the Winter ?
Hi, Question regarding "winterizing" and putting away a lawnmower for the winter: Not sure which is best, (a) or (b) or... ? (a) Put some Staboil in the tank, run for a few minutes so that some of the...
37
37