Subject Author Posted Replies

esWell pressure SOMETIMES go down with house shut off?
We sleep one floor above our well pressure tank. Last night my wife awakens me from sleep to inform me that the well pump keeps coming on. I spring to life, get down to the basement and start...
24
24

convert propane barbecue to NG
Any problem converting subject? What would I have to do? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson
7
7

opinion of GE water heaters
My natural gas GE water heater is leaking. I bought it and installed it myself about 9 years ago. It is still within warranty (12 year warranty) and I called the GE service hotline and the big box...
18
18

NM cable in garage?
Can type NM cable be used in a detached garage with no interior walls?
35
35

GFI Outlet
I just installed a GFI outlet for my Washer & Dryer. Twice in the last week the outlet was tripped when i went to use the Washer. I pushed the Reset & it worked fine for the whole load. I never had...
67
67

NG Policies
I'm relatively new to this NG (lurked in the past, of course), so forgive my stupid question here. But is this NG moderated at all? I don't see a lot of spam, which is rare for a NG, so I...
44
44

Gasoline in the walls...
I've made a few threads about having my deck rebuilt, and the issues that have come along with the contractor. I have to admit, though, that at this point, the work is looking pretty darn good......
34
34

Using epoxy to bond beam to concrete pier
Anyone heard of using epoxy cement to bond a pressure treated beam to a concrete pier? I'm considering using epoxy to fill a 1/16 - 1/8 gap between a 4x6 pt beam and a intermediate concrete pier....
6
6

Killed my first chipmunk
This is how. I just used a regular old Victor rat snap trap. I slit a dried apricot and slid it on the trip plate and set the trap and put it near the chipmunk hole. Then I sprinkled some dried...
48
48

support underneath old brick load bearing wall
I have a brick loadbearing wall that runs down the center of my house in the crawlspace. The bottom of the wall sits on the dirt crawlspace floor (no footer). I have dug out the dirt under a small...
5
5

Deck Stripping & Staining
Hello, Im about to strip & stain my deck..and just had a few questions. I have some cracks in the wood that are about 1/8 inch think and about 1 inch deep in spots. Only like 3 or 4 boards are...
7
7

Whirlpool Washer problem on start up
I have a Whirpool washer (top loader) that having an issue with. Each time we do a wash the top door of the washer has to be slammed to get it going. Now it is hit and miss. Any idea what I need to do...
6
6

Heavy duty extension cord repair
Just sliced a cord with a hedge trimmer. I am going to fix it but decided a few tips from experienced folks might be a good idea. I am pretty handy. TIA Lou
19
19

Loose duplex socket
Spouse complained of a loose outlet. It turns out that holes in the box for mounting the outlet are broken out. The box is a gray plastic one and the 6-32 screws do not have anything to bite into as...
6
6

Motor Overheating?
Hi, This actually goes along with my previous post about Lawn Tractor Battery/Charging issue but experience tells me it's best to separate things like this. Motor Overheats. This lawn tractor is...
13
13