Subject Author Posted Replies

removal of fridge water lines
------------------------------------- I'd like to permanently remove the water lines from an old Whirlpool refrigerator since I never use the water or ice-maker and it seems it would be easier to...
2

Lazy man's re-modeling project
Well, the big garage sale is over and I got rid of lots of stuff including a big ole king size bed in the upstairs bed room. We don't use that bedroom any more so I want to re-model the room and...
6
6

Pump for fountain to suck out small debris
I have a medium sized fountain in my backyard that I have to clean out every few weeks. I have a pump to drain the water, but it cannot pick up small debris at the bottom of the fountain such as...
9
9

Fluidmaster, Flush Yo Mama (and Granma, too!)!
I have an American "Standard" K54 foilet from 1954. Perhaps 18 years ago I installed a Fluidmaster Flusher Fixer kit. Worked fine, for a long time. Still works fine, but it needs a replacement...
2
2

screen door problem
I recently replaced a beat up sliding screen door to my patio with a new one. Same size, and seemingly same dimensions, except that the new one is "adjustable-height". The problem I have is when I...
2
2

An interesting time with the septic guys ..........
I just had to have the septic guys out because water was backing up. Not good. Caught it in time, though, and popped the cap, and let about ten gallons run into the pasture and lower the water level....
21
21

Matte Finish Vinyl Flooring?
Does anyone have the "new" matte finish vinyl flooring? I'm curious as to how rough it feels to you. My parents just had it installed in their kitchen and at first I thought it was a defect,...
3
3

Drop In Range Removal
Does anyone know how to remove a drop in range? I am replacing the countertop. It is elctric with 4 regular electric elements.
3
3

Radon mitigation
I've got to have the radon problem taken care of in my house. Where is the real "cost" of the project? Is it putting in the pit, running the pipe, the expertise, etc, etc.? The reason I ask is I...
19
19

Tree Advice
Hey, with all our collective knowledge, perhaps one of us knows a bit on trees? I'd like something that grows about 20-30 ft, and is hardy and stable in wind storms. I take that to mean slow...
24
24

Whirlpool Dehumidifier Vibration Noise Ordeal
Hi, Less than two years ago, I bought a Whirlpool dehumidifier model AD50DSS2. This is a 50 pint, manual control unit. I wanted a manual control type because I built my own controller which...
3
3

cartoon for SWMBOs wanting new counters
Granite ones, at least- aem sends.... http://images.chron.com/apps/comics/images/2009/9/29/One_Big_Happy.412.g.gif
2
2

Technique for blowing out irrigation system with small compressor
Just wanted to describe a circuit I built to automate blowing out a multi-zone irrigation system using a small home compressor. But first let me give some background. For the past 5 years, I have...
2
2

Newbie alert! Home Depot's PRICES...
Is there really no alternative to Home Depot's outlandish prices? Nearly $20.00, for a 6-foot piece of 3/4 inch galvanized pipe? I am wanting to replace a shelf in the pantry I built off the...
13
13

Framing out ductwork using furring hat channels
I have an ongoing project in my basement and was considering framing out my HVAC ductwork. I was considering using furring hat channels like this. furring strip is only 7/8" thick. My main concern was...
8
8