Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for new home
Is it safe to buy a home with Cinder Block basement walls instead of Poured Concrete ?
12
12

Adding Utility Tub Next to Washer/Dryer
I want to add a utility tub next to the washer in the laundry room. The room is on the first floor with basement access. The washer is connected to a utility box that supplies hot/cold water and...
4
4

mortar question
I'm replacing a lower roof, which abuts a cement-block wall. I need to flash this joint. In other places, I've cut a slit in the blocks, and fit the upper flashing into the slit. I can't...
2
2

GE Profile Gas Cooktop Question
I have a GE gas cooktop, the model number is JGP989BC. It has one large burner, two medium burners, and one small burner. Occasionally, if all of the burners are on high, and I turn down the small...
7
7

Magic Jack ads/malware
I'm pretty sure that MJ gave my PC malware. Of course my Firewall has to allow MJ, and I believe that's how the malware got in. My PC was fine until today when I used MJ. The rest of the day...
18
18

Stair tread replacement
I removed the carpet from our stairs and there are two treads that are split. I don't have access to the bottom due to a plaster ceiling underneath. The treads are high on the flight so both ends...
27
27

Garage door - round II
And so it starts. Some of you may recall I had a garage door replaced ( - hope the link works) Well, it everything seemed OK, but last night the door started to refuse to close. It would go down to...
9
9

WireMold installation question
In order to install Wiremold metal raceway on the inside garage wall for 120v wiring for the exterior lights I need to cross an existing run of Wiremold that carries the 24v wiring for the sprinkler...
11
11

Electrical quyestion for screenplay
Hi - I have a question about house electrical wiring. This is for a screenplay, so I don't need the details to be specific enough to do on my own, but I'm trying to write a scene as accurately...
19
19

Old 2-ton Carrier AC
I have an Old 25 year-old 2-ton Carrier AC ("Round One"), I am looking for the Carrier Model #, to look info on the unit. HELP PLEASE
2
2

installing gutters
Anyone know the trick to cutting an X in a gutter to attach a downspout? Just use tin snips? Or is there a pro trick?
8
8

help quick..please
I screwed up and ran over one of the end caps of my sand mounted septic system. image - you can see I ran over a little more then just the end cap. The end cap in the picture is a new one from another...
11
11

Fixing latex paint drips
My kid just called from college saying his roommate painted his window frames with Sherwin-Williams gloss latex, and 8 hours later, there are pretty large areas where the paint ran and forms drips...
19
19

Roof vent flashing
My roof was gone over about ten years ago. The roofer install new roof vent flashings. There are four of them. Ten years later all rubber part of the flashing cracked and deteriorated. I believe the...
3
3

Pressure regulation
My friend has a problem getting blasted by hot or cold water when he is taking a shower and someone turns on the water elsewhere in his house. Curb pressure is about 100 PSI and regulator takes it...
7
7