Subject Author Posted Replies

Assembling formixa countertop
For some reaon, I bought a new countertop at HD or Lowes, in two pieces (rather than order it precut). I need some way to hold it in place while I glue the two main pieces together. I thought I could...
4
4

Which wood is treated?
I've been assuming that if some wood from my old deck had rotted some and the other wood is has rotted not at all, the rotted wood was not treated. Is that right? Specifically, the 30 year old...
5
5

Wanted - HF Discount Coupon for 10/11-10/12
Don't seem to have a link in my email for one of the 20% single item coupons. Anyone got a link?
11
11

Hot water tank, both pipes hot
Passing my heater this morning, I grabbed the inlet and the outlet pipes on the water tank to see the temperature differential. They were both hot. There is a valid reason for this. I'll post the...
18
18

SharkBite fittings for Copper and PEX
I always sweated copper, but I want to try PEX for my next upgrade. The cold water spigot at the front of the house is at street pressure, but the backyard spigot is after the PRV. I'd like to tab...
17
17

Coleman 18v battery replacement?
I have a Coleman 18 volt battery pack, PMD8131BAT, that is no longer made anymore and I was wondering if anyone knew of another pack that had the cells set up in the same orientation so I could do a...
2
2

Recessed door knobs
I've got a little one who is just about at the right height to whack her head on a protruding door knob. There is nothing I can do to change the swing of the door to put the door knob inside the...
25
25

HOLMES on HOMES
I've never posted in your group, but intentionally looked for something like this. I'm an avid HGTV watcher and one of my favorites shows is HOLMES ON HOMES. What I really like about the...
5
5

Kilz Primer Quality Degradation?
I've been using Kilz for years but I've noticed something. The timing seems to be around the first of the year...during the financial crisis...when everybody and their mother's uncle was...
4
4

Exhaust vent moisture
Do they make some kind of heat tape for wrapping exhaust vents,(over stove). I have water dripping down vents when it gets really cold outside. The house was built 1979 and has metal exhaust. Thanks.
1
1

Time change due
Q: When does the time change back in October 2009? A: November 1st 2009. Confuse me once.
59
59

Pex pipe exposed to sun
Last fall I ran some pex pipe under ground out to the garage. I never got around to hooking it up, 25 foot has been coiled up outside of my garage. I have read UV exposure is bad. How can I tell if my...
10
10

moving a piece of electrical conduit
I've been attempting to install a new ceiling fan in my bathroom. the motor in the old one started making noise, and it was about 20+ years old...so I figured an upgrade was in order. I live in an...
22
22

Paint New Drywall Before Tiling?
I've installed new 1/2" conventional gypsum drywall in the area between my kitchen countertop and the bottom of the wall cabinets. I'm looking for some decorative ceramic tile to use as a...
14
14

Metal cabinet restoration/preservation
I bought about a 6' high x 3' wide AC/DELCO metal cabinet today, plus a horizontal one of about 3' wide and 18" high. Original paint, and nice AC/DELCO lettering on the fronts of the...
3
3