Subject Author Posted Replies

Sheetrock question
I've got a weird situation where I need to hang sheetrock upside down, like on a ceiling. The board has to span 28 inches between supports. There is no way I can put any more support between the...
13
13

Raccoon Revenge
"[PORTAGE, Ind] Trying to get a large raccoon out from under her mobile home, a Northwest Indiana woman accidently [sic] set the home on fire... [The woman] told police she used a full bag with eight...

Wireless doorbell
My doorbell stopped so I checked the 3 batteries in the ringer unit with a flash light. Sure enough, one was dead as only 2 would light the light and the one would not with either of the other....
5
5

90% efficiency hot water heat boilers
Does anyone have any experience with the high efficiency boilers? I'm considering replacing my 25yr old boiler with one of these, but I'm hearing from some people that they are nothing but...
6
6

Nude homeowner arrested
"SPRINGFIELD, Va., Oct. 20 (UPI) -- A Virginia man said he is fighting the indecent exposure charge brought against him after he was spotted making coffee naked in his kitchen." "..."Yes, I wasn't...
71
71

Foundation Flashing?
The floor of my screen porch is about a foot off the ground. To close off the opening between that and the ground (base of the foundation) there a rather brittle thin surround of a white corrugated...
3
3

OT Paperless bill pay
To me, it is very inconvenient to have to create an account on the web site of all the utility companies to be able to use paperless bill pay. I have a suggestion I think would make this process...
3
3

(OT) car questions ng?
Is there a (US-centric*) equivalent to for car maintenance questions? Didn't seem appropriate to post here, but all the alt car groups I can see seem to be nearly all spam, suggesting that the...
12
12

Hot Water Heater?
When someone uses the term "hot water heater" on this NG, oftensomeone else jumps in to ask, "Why would you want to heat HOT water?" I noticed that Arlo felt that way in 1993:
14
14

F1 Error
------------------------------------- The F1 Error on my Kenmore Elite range keeps going off with steady and very loud beeping. It happens at unpredictable times, and if I hit Kitchen Timer, Stop Time...
2
2

GE frig with whirring freezer noise
Hello.... We have a 3 year old frig, GE model PTS22SH, a freezer-over design that has been "serviced" once for this problem: a recurring buzzing sound from the freezer section that I would imagine...
1
1

Sewage gases: check valve?
Hi, My washer is basically at the same level as the main stack (or whatever its horizontal equivalent). So there is not sufficient elevation to have a p-trap on the exhaust (take my word for it - I...
34
34

Problems with Two Oven Racks?
I am having an unusually large crowd at Christmas this year and would like to be able to at least heat multiple items in the oven at the same time. What problems would occur if I bought a second oven...
22
22

No mud when water heater drained
I drained my 3 year-old gas water heater last night, for the first time. I drained it into a sump pump pit that is in the basement at a lower level than the water heater, through a piece of garden...
13
13

Floetrol -- no instructions to shake before adding
Last week I added Floetrol to a pail of primer before spraying with it. All I saw as I poured it from the jug was clear liquid. Today as I started to pour Floetrol from the same jug into the topcoat I...
10
10