Subject Author Posted Replies

Tips on insulating garage
I have been tearing out the old paneling and insulation from my garage (built in the 1940's) This is a red brick with 1/2 tongue and grove and 2x4 framing. This is a detached type - no living...
7
7

framing around ductwork: before/after pics
A few weeks ago I asked advice on framing around my ductwork in a room I am renovating in my basement. I originally was going to leave the ductwork as is, but after some thought I decided to tackle...
7
7

Battery Charger Questions
I have a cordless drill using NiCad bateries. They died a few weeks ago and last week I got two new batteries. I fully charged one, used it and waited till it was fully drained, and started charging...
13
13

Access Panel
I am in the stage of painting a spare room, which, on one wall, has an access panel to service the bathroom tub plumbing. Currently, the panel area contains basic door trim molding with a 1/8" thick...
8
8

Venting enclosed room ?
We have a vacation cabin in the remote mountains. This place was built many years ago, and this county is so remote, not much attention is paid to building codes, etc. I have a very small bathroom...
18
18

Keystone/MAAX shower doors?
I'm looking at getting a shower door from this company (Keystone) through Home Despot. It's a frameless sliding (bypass) door, made with 6mm clear glass, and 71" tall. Anyone have any...
4
4

OT - Cell Phone Plan Gloat
File this under =93Good things come to those who wait!=94 Let me start by mentioning that we typically get very close to our cell phone plan allotment but never go over. Last month we were 11 minutes...
2
2

Old dug well 75 feet
I plan to fill in this well. Any particulars known? It has concrete box around it with a little roof. I intend to bust up the concrete, dump it down the well, bust up the rock base with a hole in the...
41
41

Repainting semi-gloss? ? ?
I painted bathroom walls six years ago, with a primer undercoat and semi-gloss latex finish. It's beginning to need touching up. My question is, do I need to use primer again, or do I just put new...
3
3

Fluorescent Fixtures
My dad has a fluorescent light fixture in his garage with tubes that barely glow. I went to the Borg and bought a pair of replacement tubes but no improvement. I do not smell anything near the fixture...
8
8

ELECTRONIC OIL BURNER CONTROL BOX
My current boiler control box is starting to get flakey. I have a brand new Honeywell L7224U electronic control box. I have replaced these boxes on my boilers over the years with no problems, so...
1
1

One use for a Kohler lawnmower engine
"Man Pleads To La-Z-Boy DWI" "OCTOBER 22--A Minnesota man arrested last year for drunkenly driving a motorized La-Z-Boy lounge chair pleaded guilty this week to a DWI charge. Dennis Anderson, 62, was...
3
3

Electric Stove
Antone come across this before? One of the small elemets wont turn on when dial is turned on 1 but needs to be put on three before heating
10
10

ceramic tile
I was visiting my brother and they have 12" ceramic tile in most rooms. A lot of the tiles are about a half millimeter higher or lower than the one next to it. Maybe less, but I can easily feel the...
39
39

SOLAR WATER pre-heat
I'd like to put in a hot-water pre-heater. ie; a coil of black plastic pipe on the roof. It would go between the cold water source, and the cold-water inlet to the water heater. No controls, no...
10
10