Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Income Tax Deadline
We have about a month extra to wait until the last minute. <> May 17 is the due date. IR-2021-59, March 17, 2021 — The Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service announced today that the...
1
1

tomorrow morning after almost 4 months.
Good luck. Are you in Tornado Alley? Gmail is email that's intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15 GB of storage, less spam, and mobile access. Gmail is email that's intuitive, efficient, and useful. 15...
1
1

OT. Some Irish Jokes in Honor of Today
Tiger Woods and Julia Roberts are mentioned. <> The funniest and best Irish jokes you will find online. Hand picked from thousands of Irish jokes online, you won't find a better list.
3
3

below grade-level roads
below grade-level roads Some rural roads are like trenches, that is, with a steep hill a foot or two high on either side, even when the land as a whole is rather flat. Is that because they were horse...
18
18

Removing Old Stuck-on Linoleum
The house was built in 1978. I am replacing the 48 year-old linoleum (non-asbestos) in a laundry room. The old linoleum was laid down with mastic to a wooden sub-floor. The sub- floor is not plywood,...
11
11

OT St. Patricks Day
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - An old man living alone in South Armagh, whose only son was...
2
2

OT. Lightning Deaths
Stay away from trees and other tall objects during a storm. It's one of those things we have been told maybe dozens of times. <> According to ndtv.com, one man was killed and three more were injured...
26
26

Restocking button batteries
What are the types of button batteries you most stock? Over time I have in my old battery box mostly these four sizes cr2032 cr2025 ag13 ag10 Based on collecting old batteries those are the most often...
30
30

OT. The New Mayflower
IBM has an autonomous ship that will follow the crossing of the one the Pilgrims used. <> IBM News Room - Mayflower then and now IBM News Room - Mayflower then and now IBM News Room - Mayflower then...
8
8

FedEx is slower than the Pony Express
So I'm waiting for a package from a merchant 500 miles away. The package started its journey 128 hours ago. I still have not received the package. At little math reveals that the package is moving...
30
30

water proofing the corners of formica over particle board
My house was built when formica counters were't rolled at corners but there were saparate pieces on tops and sides. The bathroom counter got wet and I didn't dry it for 10 or 15 minuters and even then...
5
5

for the birds
Showing results for is it true that only female birds whistle In temperate regions like North America and Europe, where the bulk of western ornithology takes place, many female birds do not sing....

A great man
Lincoln, Divided We Stand, on CNN. Not sure how easy it is to find and play these things. Lincoln has worked for weeks on his inagural speech, one designed to keep the rest of the south from seceding,...
1
1

We're almost there.
The vaccines are here. 25% of the US population has at least one shot. We're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel. That's why we should end all those annoying, burdensome restrictions. Masks,...
20
20

units in fourplex. Why
In on Fri, 12 Mar 2021 19:59:48 -0800 (PST), marika <> wrote: Easier said than done, but they do drill holes in the wood of the house. They have hives? That can be knocked down? What makes them...
1
1