Subject Author Posted Replies

shower stall bottom half inch crack
My shower stall has a half inch crack. It is about 8 inches from the drain. Lowe's and Home Depot has fiber glass repair kits but those are for holes, I think, not for small cracks. How do I...
4
4

Need Help with Sears 12" Lower Blade Guard retaining spring repair
All; I mistakenly took apart the lower blade guard on my Sears 12" Compound Miter Saw Model 315.212050, and the retaining spring popped out. I can't seem to get it coiled up behind the guard again...
3
3

Stanley buys B&D
On a nice soft cushion of yours and my money, compliments of DC
5
5

Non duplex GFI 'outlet'.
Someone has mentioned that there is device that is a GFCI and has the 'test' and 'reset' buttons, but does not have any ability to be a plug in duplex outlet. A typical cost of around...
6
6

"GREAT STUFF"
I have a question on those foam sealant especially the GREAT STUFF products. First, I think those are basically for insulation and nothing else, right? Would you use it in places where no insulation...
15
15

slightly OT vacuum repair success
May seem like a small thing but one senses the pride of an achievement. And that's what do it your self is all about. Well done. As long as a repair is safe; and in addition to saving the cost of a...
12
12

Copper tubing and natural gas?
Awl - I'm doing some demo on my 50's kitchen, which was done pretty well, overall -- 3/4 black pipe to a 6 burner stove, etc. Except, they tee'd off underneath for the gas line to the...
21
21

garage door opener
I have lift-master garage door opener , at times when I close the door it will reverse it self when it reaches the bottom , it's a chain drive 1/2 horse opener, any body have had this
13
13

Marking tools for easy readability
As I get older, even with new glasses, I find it harder and harder to see things like the engraved markings on socket wrenches. Has anyone found a way to mark these things so that they can be read in...
72
72

Weatherproofing tips
I have an old 1941 brick Cape Cod house that has never been insulated properly. I've replaced the incredibly drafty multi-pane lead sash weight windows with double-paned Andersens and have been...
12
12

Drain pipe lining
Just got a notice from the county that they will be "lining" old drain pipes in the street rather than digging them up and replacing them. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons? I assume this is a...
16
16

Drum, flow-through or mist humidifier?
We're going to have a whole-house humidifier installed. We don't want to go through another winter with cracked skin and static electricity. We have a 1970's-era two story house of perhaps...
6
6

OT - Dodge Acronym
Ford: Fix or Repair Daily / Found on Road Dead GMC: Got Mechanic Coming. Is there one for Dodge?
32
32

Freezer gasket repair
Any chance of doing this? I can't believe it's over $80 for a gasket. My side-by-side has a bad section of gasket at the bottom of the freezer. I'm looking around for gasket by the foot,...
7
7

Stanley Works to Buy Black & Decker
Just an FYI if you haven't heard already. So I guess Stanly gets all this now? The Black & Decker Corporation markets its name under various brands: * DeWalt Power Tools * Porter Cable * Delta...
3
3