Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Amazon Sales
Now Amazon is selling Hyundai vehicles. No word on test drives etc.
5
5

solvents for permanent ink on fabric
me personally recommend rubbing alchohal or essecial oils :)

broken bathroom scale at hospital.
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday at a hospital and when they weighed me I was 5 pounds less that earlier that morning. I mentioned this and the doctor said a lot of people say that. So before...
1
1

Heat pump sounds
Sometimes my (Goodman 95) heat pump shuts down to a crashing sound and then when it comes back up it whirs, crashes again, then comes back with a roar. Is this normal? Most of the time it roars and...
7
7

bath fan freezing issues
What are the issues with bath fan exhausts in cold regions? February averages 20F and early February has several sub-Fahrenheit nights. Border between Endicott & Apalachin, in NY Appalachian...
23
23

Any ideas for a cheap but ok looking curtain protection from rain?
Rain always comes from the northwest. Back door faces due northwest. There's an overhang. But you still get soaked just standing under the open door. Maybe there is a "curtain" that can be put up...
4
4

OT Loyal dog
The body of a Pagosa Springs man missing since August was found in the San Juan National Forest on Oct. 30 with his Jack Russell Terrier, Finney, still alive and by his side. Rich Moore, 71, was...
38
38

How was your day?
I am interested in the welfare of others. How was your day on Sunday Nov. 12, 2023. Andy I welcome all responses for the most part. Except Peeler. :-)
2
2

Woodworking projects
Some really nifty woodworking projects. The video at the end show hos some things can be built too. Even from old pallets. The “Creative Woodworking” Facebook group gathers the incredible things...
1
1

Follow-up on old issues.
Many of the people who participated in old threads seem not to be here anymore, but still, here are some follow-ups. Dash lights. -- A couple weeks ago I was driving near sundown and I turned on to a...
41
41

Any recommendations for laundry machine lint trap?
The ones I have looked at on Walmart and Amazon web pages almost always say "not for washers that drain into a wall pipe." Of course, mine does. Since so many fabrics are synthetic today, and not...
19
19

What are the threads sizes for replacement Blitz 5 gallon portable gasoline can bung caps?
Blitz went out of business (deservedly) but that means I can't ask I'm asking you if you have the Blitz gas cans what cap thread it uses. The gas cans look like this unvented double-handle 5 gallon...
5
5

COncrete content
If you get miscoagulation honeycombing, does that reveal anything about the content of the concrete and how it deviated from the 3kpsi 1:3:3 cement:sand:stone spec? DOes honeycombing prove the...

Maintenance Required - Visit Dealer
A friend called me just now asking what it means when her RAV4 (2021 I think?) with about 90K miles came up with that on her nav screen. She asked what it means. Any idea?
20
20

Plumb Pak screws
Twenty years ago, the last time I dealt with washers, plumbing,etc. I didn't know what size washers I needed and I bought Assortments, one bag "Flat with screws" and one "Beveled with screws". Both...