15 minutes or more for draining

A few years ago I had bath Fitters install a complete acrylic wall and tub over my outdated blue tub. As the installer was messing around the drain ar ea, which was exactly over the old area with the same drain, I had some bad vibes that draining may become a problem, but I let it go thinking well th ey must know what they are doing. sure enough I had no problem till this ye ar when I take a showwer it seems to take forever to drain. Now there is no long hair involved which is known for screwing up drainage especially in a shower. I can;t use a snake or a plunger, i tried. It has a round escutche on above the drain...never messed around with such a drain...I suspect ther e is a connection to that drain from that area. Anyone know how it works, s o i can get easier way of snaking or even use a plunger..i need to get the top cover off that drain.

A picture of the drain cover would help. Post it at a picture hosting site e.g. PhotoBucket and then post a link here.
Is there access to the drain from outside the bathroom, either in a hallway or from underneath?
On 2/15/2014 6:30 PM, novel wrote:

Hair is only one cause of drain bacjip. Soap scum buildup, minerals, short hair conditioner residue, etc. Since the drain was working for a while it is probably a scum type of problem rather than a mechanical problem.
It try a liquid drain cleaner. If that works, repeat the treatment every couple of months to keep it clear.
On 2/15/2014 8:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Acid, or hydroxide? Each is effective on different clogs.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 02/15/2014 07:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yep, I have to do that once or twice a year...the liquid usually works well
On 2/16/2014 8:30 AM, philo wrote:

Acid or alkalai? What likely cause of clog?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 02/16/2014 01:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I use Alkalai such as Liquid Plumr
It's got to be my wife's hair as I am pretty darn bald.
novel wrote:

Liquid Plumber?
--
Bill