Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking Inground Swimming Pool Eyeball Return
I was helping a friend winterize the inground pool at a house he recently bought for the first time. The pool is 5 years old. I've never winterized a pool before, but have done large boats and did...
2
2

Time for New Vacuum Cleaner?
Hi, I was using my Eureka Boss vacuum cleaner when it started making a horrible flapping noise. Shut it off and started it again. Same noise. Took it apart, cleaned some hair out of the beater bar....
15
15

Possible purchase?
one dying at last. Look decent? No interest in tankless, thanks.
14
14

WHY???
was cleaning up today and decided to replace some receptacles upstairs since 'rents are coming to visit soon, and these were ugly, painted over, plates didn't match each other, etc... now I...
11
11

Concrete Patch Question
I bought a tube of concrete patch (made by Dap) in a tube like caulk....for use with caulking gun. If I don't use the whole thing - is there a way to save the left over? There's nothing on the...
11
11

Faucet spout
I have a single lever kitchen faucet, the spout is getting difficult to move from right to left, the O rings need to be lubricated, what type of lube do I need to ask for at the big box store? thanks...
4
4

Copper, gas, and sour gas
Awl -- The issue of copper for natural gas came up recently, where a poster indicated that, according to his city code, a certain **type** of copper was OK. I was not able to find out what that copper...
3
3

OT glass m.wave tray.
Excuse somewhat OT. But knowledgeable group here may be able to help/ comment. We have a very shallow ex microwave tray/dish just over 12 inches square. Doesn't fit any other m.waves we have....
9
9

Small battery backup?
I live in a remote mountain area where brief electricity outages of just a few seconds occur several times a week. Resetting the clocks on small appliances (microwave, coffee maker, answering machine,...
60
60

Chimney caps
Have a curiosity question that I hope the gurus can help me with. My house has the typical clay chimney surrounded by brick. It does not have one of those aluminum caps. The house apparently went...
21
21

Entry Door Install - Rough Opening Too Short?
The supplier I plan on getting my 36 x 80 door from said the RO should be 38 1/2 x 82 1/2. I pulled the trim around the existing door and as best I can tell I have 38 1/2 x 81 3/4. That's 3/4 too...
10
10

Water heaters
I had to replace my water heater today. The old one developed a leak somewhere, don't know exactly but enough to make a 3-4 foot puddle every day. Wouldn't have been so bad except the old one...
11
11

dryer problem
My old Kenmore electric dryer stopped turning off and stopped emitting heat, all at once. I put a load in before bed and woke up with it still spinning, cold. Do I have one problem to fix, or two?
17
17

CFL vs Incandescent fixture rating
SWMBO just bought a new table lamp for the desk in our computer room. This lamp will be replacing one that uses two (2) 75 watt Incandescent bulbs. This new lamp uses only one (1) bulb. The label says...
20
20

One last clock
Don't you hate that? Go around and change all the clocks. And a couple days later, there is one more you forgot. This semi annual clock change, I missed one of the clocks indoors. And then a...
15
15