Subject Author Posted Replies

oven takes forever to heat up
I have a Kenmore gas oven, about 10 years old. Usually, but not always, it takes a loooong time to reach the set oven temperature - like 30 min. to get to 350. My wife thinks she can "fool it" by...
15
15

How to secure a pine flooring board
Hi, I have a 3/4 pine over joints floor. A couple boards a loose. What's the best way to secure them? A finishing screw? A brad nail? Construction adhesive under the board (the ceiling downstairs...
3
3

Would sound deadening paints work in my application
Hi, The hardwood on the second floor bedroom above the kitchen is 3/4 pine over bare joists. The ceiling in the kitchen is now open and I have a chance to insulate for sound. I am aware of a number of...
5
5

Don't buy Behr polyurethane or paint products
I went to the website to get more information about a Behr polyurethane product I had just purchased at Home Depot. There was not information on the website about any of their polyurethane products....
20
20

How to fill cracks in block walls?
I have opened up some holes in the concrete block walls during my electrical and plumbing projects, most of them the size slightly larger than electrical boxes but some bigger. I have decided that for...
3
3

Heat balancing at church
The twenty year old building I attend services. Cinder block walls, flat roof. The heat is natural gas, 80 percenters (induced flue draft). The building has seven zones. Plus, three offices have a...
15
15

National Ammo Day
Subject: National Ammo Day A brief explanation - What is National Ammo Day? November 19 is National Ammo Day. It is a nationwide BUYcott of ammunition. You buy ammunition. 100 Rounds a person. The...
111
111

Recommendation for 4' long wall heater
Hi Experts, I am looking for a baseboard heater, about 4' long and 1.5KW. I prefer the element embedded in liquid. I have seen a Fahrenheit model for $140 but have never heard of this brand...

Rotting Window Frames
I hope that someone from the excellent group can help me with this one. We've bought a 22 year-old house in the greater Toronto area. The window frames on the western side of the house are...
29
29

Sawdust as lawn food
Recently, I made my wife an oak desk, which created alot of sawdust. I used my shopvac to clean it up. I started to just throw the sawdust away in the trash can, but I wanted to ask around if sawdust...
14
14

GE Oven Glowbar igniter question
I just replaced the igniter and it's lighting. Oven works fine. I watched it as it went through the cycle and I noticed while the gas is on the igniter is on. When the gas goes off the igniter...
16
16

Somebody was looking for a cheapo circular saw
Day late and a $ short but here's a HF coupon to get their $40 one for $28. Other couponf for 11/16-11/22 as well.
5
5

[SOLVED] How to clean outside of white aluminum gutters
They are discolored with vertical gray streaks on the sides, and gray spots on the bottom where water flowing down the sides accumulate in "puddles" along the bottom outside corner. I've tried the...
44
44

musty smell in basement
Hi, My house is 6 years old and my basement (unfinished) started smelling since this summer. Whenever I go to basement I start to have runny nose and sneezing. But it goes off after taking some...
17
17

Info needed on old air compressor
Hi, I bought an old air compressor on ebay, to hopefully use when excavating my koi pond. I don't know anything about these things. I've worked on cars/engines a lot but this thing is so old I...
18
18