Subject Author Posted Replies

Plumbing question.
I live in Ft Worth, TX and my house is about 20 years old. It has a blue, 3/4", plastic line from the house to the water meter (about 50') and it has just cracked again. The first time it cracked was...
15
15

security light hookup
I just purchased a motion security light that needs to be hooked up. Can I just hook a regular plug to it and plug it into a standard wall socket? Or should I get an electrician and have him wire to...
4
4

Tubes and Pipes
Do steel tubes have a "seam" like pipes? If not, is there a real difference besides the sizes?
4
4

Power Bill increasing
A friend of mine had a power bill of $100 / 2months ago and has been increasing to now $250. The power company came out and said everything is fine, and that they should have someone check all the...
22
22

PaceSaver Passport scooter (wheelchair?) info needed
A friend brought me an electric scooter (wheel chair?) to repair. I haven't gotten into it yet, but was hoping someone had a schematic of the wiring, repair manual or owners manual. I think it has an...
6
6

Phone ring lowers radio?
Is there such a gadget? I hate having to run to turn down the radio when the phone rings. Most of the time I'm in such a hurry to pick up the phone (I have my reasons) that I don't get to the radio in...
13
13

Selecting a Replacement Water Heater
My State Industries electic, low profile, 40-gallon, six-year water heater is almost 10 years old. I'm going to replace it before I have a failure. Are the water connections on the top of the unit...
24
24

Instant Hot Water
Home Depot is hawking a system for recirculating hot water such that each faucet in the home has instant hot water. Does anyone have any comments, good or bad, about these?
32
32

HF 15% Coupon 12/11-12/14
http://tinyurl.com/ycox6nx
3
3

burned fluoscent sockets
any ideas on why 8 foot HO fluorescent sockets would keep burning out? The sockets are Leviton no. 524 and 523.
5
5

Winter energy saving tip for AC ducts.
Just a hint. In the winter, my air conditioning ducts, with the AC handler in the uninsulated attic, let in a lot of cold air. Although there are movable vanes inside the vents that can be shut,...
16
16

storm door closer: pin?
My storm door closer has a pin that attaches the closer to the bracket mounted on the door. The pin will occasionally work itself out. I'd like to replace the pin with something that won't do that. I...
15
15

carrier model 58mtb
Does anybody own a Carrier model 58MTB furnace, if so does it have a 2 stage blower. I had one installed last year,(this is the first winter) as I recalled it is supposed to start at low blower speed,...
1
1

Battery Operated Reciprocating Saw
I think I want a battery operated reciprocating saw for Christmas. Do you have any positive or negative recommendations? Porter Cable got some good reviews from Consumer Reports recently. A friend has...
7
7

Lubricating PVC fittings to pre-fit
I am pre-fitting some PVC fitting for a 3-inch sewer drain line coming down from a first-floor toilet. Where the drain comes through the basement ceiling from the toilet, there are two 45-degree...
28
28